Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2008 Engine Compartment Question

wudturner

Can anyone tell me the function of the enclosure that is immediately in front of the passenger-side of the engine? :confused I have the 2008 shop manual set and all I know is that this enclosure is is connected to the air cleaner housing.

I want to mount a PCV oil catch can and they mount to the front passenger side of the engine block. On the '07's there is room to mount, in this location, because this enclosure is not there. Any information appreciated. Thanks.

If you are talking about the chamber attached to the aircleaner to throttle body air bridge, that is a 'muffler'. The LS3 and the ZO6 style air cleaner system have a resonant sound that was judged objectionable, so the engineers put a muffler on the air cleaner to throttle body system.

If you are talking about the chamber attached to the aircleaner to throttle body air bridge, that is a 'muffler'. The LS3 and the ZO6 style air cleaner system have a resonant sound that was judged objectionable, so the engineers put a muffler on the air cleaner to throttle body system.

Tuna,

Thanks for the info. Next questions is, are there any negative effects (other than sound level) if this enclosure is removed? Thanks again.

No clue there - don't know anyone that's removed it yet without replacing the whole air cleaner/air bridge to something after market.

You might want to consider that if you need the space.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom