Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2009 C-6 Newbi... Question, But I do have 65 BB 502

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Hey c-6 guys... my first question as a 2009 C-6 owner. It's a techy question. I woud like to install the "Back Off" Brake flasher unit to the third eye center lamp on the aero fin of the c-6 deck.

I have one installed on my 2007 HUMMER H3 and they work great. It flashes the lamp 4 times then locks it on when you hit the pedal once. Makes it a real attenion grabber. It also can be programed for other flashing secnarios.

I did a search for wiring on the center brake lamp or third eye...but na-da. I need to acees the 12 volt feed line to the lamp and also ground the flash unit. The ground I don't think will be a problem since the lamp probably has a ground wire feed to it since aour cars are not metal.

the unit is about the size of a pack of smokes...small and has a sticky tape mount.

Any Ideas or pic's or discription of how and where to gain Easy access would be appricated.

:beer

Anyone know how to get into that wiring on a cp? Thanks guys.. By the way.. I'm loven this C-6. The last non mid Year was a Suoercharge C-4 I had for 20 Years. Gone but not forgotten:cool

2009vet.jpg

Congrats on the new ride. :upthumbs

Check out Mid America's C5/C6 Corvette Third Brake Light Pulser. That sounds like what you are after.

Good luck,

:thumb Jason

Thanks Jason,

Found the Madvet item for 59.95... This one flashes a few times and then will not reflash untill 15 seconds.
I also got the insatll instruction off there web site.

I'm going with the one I have on the HUMMER... It can run 3 differt ways and is $39.95. Each time you hit the brake..it will repeat with out waiting for 15 seconds.

The only hassel is it's not plug and play . You have to splice some wires in. No biggy.. Here's the link.

http://66.252.233.21/products/Modules/xp_car.asp
http://66.252.233.21/products/Modules/xp_car.asp

...Found the Madvet item for 59.95...

I'm going with the one I have on the HUMMER... and is $39.95.

Lol, now there is a prime example of the Corvette tax in action. ;LOL

I was just thinking to myself that I could probably make one of these up with spare parts from work for less than $20.00.

Thanks for the link, BTW.

Lol, now there is a prime example of the Corvette tax in action. ;LOL

I was just thinking to myself that I could probably make one of these up with spare parts from work for less than $20.00.

Thanks for the link, BTW.

Same here when I bought it for the HUMMER. I'm in electronics and could build one with a "555" IC timer chip from Radio shack for about $8.00 in parts. This one gives you the progamable feature. So I figure.. If I can afford a HUMMER I can spend $39.95...L.O.L.:D

Here's an up date..:

I just called the company SignalDynamics to order the Back Off-XP and found that they have a refurbish section on there web page. I bought one on those units for $20.00 Vs a new one for $39.95. The problem with it was the wires were cut short by the original buyer and it was returned because he couldn't figure out how to wire it.

It still comes witha gauranty. Here's the link to the page. Click on All Refurbished items. They make more then just brake flashers.

Ask for Dan-yell..(don't know how to spell her name) 1-800 785-1814

http://www.signaldynamics.com/products/UsedRefurbished/used.htm

Make sure you order the -XP Model.
That's the one that is programable.

Hey Mark..Congrats on the 09 buddy!!!! I wish you the best of luck with it!! :beer

Will I see you at Smithville this year?? If so, I think there's a couple cold ones with our names on them!!!

Hey Mark..Congrats on the 09 buddy!!!! I wish you the best of luck with it!! :beer

Will I see you at Smithville this year?? If so, I think there's a couple cold ones with our names on them!!!

Thanks Dude.. Yep ..I'll see you there...

and will....:beer:D

Mark,
Not to hijack your thread, but congrats on the acquisition of the '09! Glad to see you've joined the ranks of C6 owners.

:w
-Patrick

Mark,
Not to hijack your thread, but congrats on the acquisition of the '09! Glad to see you've joined the ranks of C6 owners.

:w
-Patrick

You Limy...Bas...OH were thru with that stuff;LOL.. Thanks Patrick. The last New Vett I had was a Brand new 1986 which I converetd to a Carroll Supercharged motor. Had that vette for 20 years along with the C-2.

Iv've done so many trips in the C-2 that I figured it was time to change up the rolls. The C-6 for long trips and the C-2 for short day trips . Much more fun. and comfort. And..it is very comfy... Fits just like a Leather Glove...

Mark,
The more you drive that C6, the more your gonna love it!!

As they say ..If It had "T"'s and a you know what I'd .....You Know What!;LOL

As they say ..If It had "T"'s and a you know what I'd .....You Know What!;LOL

That's a bit more information than I really needed to know. The visuals I'm getting from that are frankly disturbing.

:ugh :L

Dude.... I WANT YOUR TRUCK...!!!! That is so cool.

Thanks for the compliment.. Say hi to the family..:beer

You can't have it; its been in the Family as long as the Kids have ;LOL
Its been running good Has about 5000+ miles on it since you last saw it.

DSC03273.JPG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom