Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Video: 2009 Corvette ZR1 at GM's Milford Proving Grounds

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
  • Admin
Damn I love the sound of the ZR1.

.....must have one..... :bu

Seriously Rob, when you trading up on the old ZR-1? ;) Isn't it at least time for a C6? :)

Leon

• Admin
Seriously Rob, when you trading up on the old ZR-1? ;) Isn't it at least time for a C6? :)

Leon
Honestly....it's been REAL tempting. I liked the C5...but I REALLY like the C6 and I'd be content with a new Z06, but I totally lust after a new ZR1.

I have often thought of selling my 1990 ZR-1 as it would make things a lot easier for me financially...but when it comes right down to it...I can't do it.

It's funny because I had an interesting conversation with someone recently and we were talking about the idea of me selling the ZR-1. They summed it up well when they told me I could never sell it because it would be like ripping my limbs off my torso. I hadn't looked at it quite that way, but admittedly, they're right.

SO....that means, that someday, I'll have to just work my way to getting a 2009 ZR1 to accompany the 1990 ZR-1.

What's REALLY sad is that the 2009 ZR1 makes my ZR-1 look like a Prius. :chuckle

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I didn't love the C5 when it first came out but it grew on me, but I LOVE the C6. And when the LS3 came out for '08 it's so hard to pass up. So now I sit in a similar situation where financially it would help to sell the C5 to help pay for the C6 but at the end of the day I couldn't replace the C5 for what what I'd get for it. I'd love the C6 as a driver and to strip the C5 to use for track events. It's a great car to start with for suspension/track upgrades. :)

But in your situation I'd be hard pressed to sell the '90 as well. You take great care of it and it sells. The problem is always a lack of garage space. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom