Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport 2010 GS

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

Blue260

Corvette
2014 Lime Rock Green Metallic 3LT/ Z51 - 7 Speed
Will the Z06 be discontinued with the release of the 2010 Grand Sport?

I doubt it. The Grand Sport is replacing the Z51 option. I have not heard anything indicating that GS is going to be a Z06 replacement.

:thumb Jason

I raise the question based on the identical body panels as the Z06. And, the LS3 having a dry sump system as found on the LS7.

Will the price difference of an LS7 engine vs LS3 justify owing a Z06.

It appears the same situation happened in 91' when the C4 received the same tail lights as the ZR1.

Wow! Great power point! Learned a whole lot of info on that post!
chris

Will the Z06 be discontinued with the release of the 2010 Grand Sport?

I sure hope not.....that's my next buy....(after I make my last payment (in 4 more years!! :) ) Us folk who do not have the wallet to match the Zr's price point have to get the Z06....that IS in my reach....could have already had it had I not gotten vette bug biten again and again....not to mention, they discounted '09's so much and I had taken such a hit on my 401k it made big $ sense (for me) to get the '09 Z51 roadster and wait on the bigger buy for awhile. But, I sure hope they do not d/c Z06....:confused that would be a definite downer to my day!!! If anything, I think they should do away w/regular body style and only continue w/GS, Z06 and ZR....however, if they had, I would be Vetteless until this summer....would have had to save another 10g's....where they discounted the roadsters so much in '09, all I had to come up with was 10%...that was to cover tax, title and I opted for insurance on note....(at age 48 can't afford not to).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom