Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport 2012 corvette order

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

johnrobinson

Corvette
2012 grand sport
We have a 2012 corvette grand sport ordered, and it was built 6/20/2011 .It has a waiting to be shipped status on it. Why is Gm sitting on these cars. When can I expect delivery ? Thanks John Robinson

We have a 2012 corvette grand sport ordered, and it was built 6/20/2011 .It has a waiting to be shipped status on it. Why is Gm sitting on these cars. When can I expect delivery ? Thanks John Robinson

Gang shipping is cheaper than individual shipping. Most likely they are waiting for a full truck or rail car. Nice ride, what color?:)

Other possible reasons??

They may be waiting until the "official" new model introduction date....which used to be in September....

OR

They may be waiting until unsold inventory of 2011 Corvettes is substantially cleared out of the dealer network before shipping any 2012 models to prevent depressing the prices for the 2011s.

Some years ago I actually had to wait several weeks to obtain my new Chevy Silverado because GM would'nt release the paperwork due to unsold prior model year inventory. The vehicle was physically at the dealer but GM still held the MSO.

Unlikely you will see the car before September IMHO.

We did inferno orange w/ yuengling interior .

Nice color. What interior color is that?

Did you get to pick the caliper color as they state for model year 2012?

Congrats on the new GS... sorry to hear you're waiting. Got to be tough!

We want pix, of course! Let me know if I can help you get them posted. :thumb
:wJane Ann

Great News !! Just found out it's being put on a truck Sat. 7/23. Thanks to All John :happyanim::happyanim:

black & tan ,left the calipers alone ,went 3lt and cyber headlight bezels, also did the exhaust, and chrome wheels

Hey! I had a couple of Black and Tans just the other evening after a cruise-in. Went down REAL smooth...

:beer

Wow :happyanim: 2012 Corvette. The wait must be driving you crazy. Hope to see the 2012's at Carlisle next month. :w

Roger

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom