Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 - 2015 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Creak or Snap Noise Above Windshield from Removable Roof Lift Off Panel

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
2014 - 2015 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Creak or Snap Noise Above Windshield from Removable Roof Lift Off Panel While Driving

GM Bulletin No.: #15-NA-016
Date: September 30, 2015
SUBJECT: Creak or Snap Noise Above Windshield from Removable Roof Lift Off Panel While Driving
MODELS: 2014 - 2015 Chevrolet Corvette
CONDITION: Some customers may comment on a creak or snap noise from the front of the removable roof life off panel while driving. The noise is more predominant when ambient temperatures are high.

CAUSE: This may be caused by a stick-slip condition between the front latches against the strikers and the front locating pins to the locating cup in the strikers

Link: 2014 - 2015 Corvette: Service Bulletin: Creak or Snap Noise Above Windshield from Removable Roof Lift Off Panel While Driving

If anyone is having this problem and wondering if this fix works -
I just picked mine up from the dealer after having it done. They charged me $294 in parts and $259 in labor, which seems outrageous, but... man it worked. Totally silent now. I had to convince them to look up the service bulletin; they didn't believe me and had never heard of it, but once they heard the noise and read the bulletin they were convinced. This fix works. :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom