Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2017 Corvette Production Numbers Released by the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
On Friday, the Bowling Green Corvette Assembly Plant released production numbers for the 2017 Corvette model year.

A total of 32,782 Corvettes were built for the 2017 model year which is down from the 40,689 Corvettes built for the 2016 model year.

ModelQuantityPercentage
Stingray Coupe11,25334.30%
Stingray Convertible2,2987.00%
Grand Sport Coupe9,91230.20%
Grand Sport Convertible2,0466.20%
Z06 Coupe6,19718.90%
Z06 Convertible1,0763.30%
Totals:32,782100%

<tbody>
</tbody>

As we can see from the chart above, the Stingray Coupe continues to be the number one selling model followed by the Grand Sport coupe coming in at a very close second. In talking with the Corvette Team at one of our sponsors, MacMulkin Chevrolet, they informed us that the Grand Sport model has been a huge seller as customers love the more muscular and aggressive body style of the Z06 without having to pay Z06 prices.

Once again, Arctic White was the number one color sold for the 2017 model year, and once again, we reached out to MacMulkin Chevrolet to get an idea of why they think that might be.

"Based upon what we've heard from many of our customers since the debut of the 2014 Corvette, the numerous black-trimmed sections of the car - such as the bottom portion of the rear bumper and various vents around the body, is really offset by Arctic White...plus, the C7 has incredible lines and the lighter colors really tend to accentuate that aspect of the car" said Mark Makarewicz, Corvette Sales Manager at MacMulkin Chevrolet.

ColorQuantityPercentage
Arctic White6,19918.9%
Watkins Glen Gray Metallic5,82217.8%
Black5,33816.3%
Torch Red4,62114.1%
Admiral Blue Metallic3,0689.4%
Blade Silver Metallic2,1056.4%
Long Beach Red Metallic Tintcoat2,0046.1%
Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat1,3714.2%
Black Rose Metallic1,3334.1%
Sterling Blue Metallic9212.8%

<tbody>
</tbody>

The least produced color was Sterling Blue Metallic coming in at only 921 built which explains why the color was stopped in February of this year.

For a complete listing of the 2017 Corvette Production Numbers, you can jump here to our 2017 Corvette Tech Center where you can also download a hard copy of the production numbers.

How many 2017 GS convertibles were built like mine?

While the factory production numbers provide very useful information about the overall production statistics for 2017 is there are way to find out exactly how many Corvettes were built like mine? I have a 2017 LT3 automatic Grand Sport convertible in Black Rose with a Kalahari top and Kalahari interior. It also has the carbon fiber interior, Pearl GS wheels and fascia protector. It would be wonderful to be able to determine exactly how many were built. From looking at the overall production statistics it can not be too many. There were only 120 Black Rose GS convertibles. Only about 6% of all GS convertibles had a Kalahari top. So I am guessing that there must less than 10 built like mine. However, if anyone knows how to determine the exact number, please let me know.

• Admin
Unfortunately, no. Bowling Green does not keep detailed production statistics of option combinations like that. You just have to come to a best guess scenario for your car, based upon the general production numbers for each option produced.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom