Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2017 Grand Sport is solid

C7808

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport 2lt. Watkins Glen Gray
Well, I've had my 2017 Grand Sport for about two months now, I just love driving this car. The handling is perfect. I've racked up 2,100 miles already. The car gets lots of stares and thumbs up. Seeing a Corvette here in Hawaii is pretty rare. I usually see 0-5 Corvettes in any given month. Mostly C6s and C7s. This car is very well built and solid. I say that because I've been driving on some of the worst roads in the USA. A recent report stated that Hawaii ranks 48th in the worst roads in the USA, and I believe that. It's like third-world roads here. Many of the roads and freeways here are BRUTAL on the stiff suspension. I normally drive in "tour" mode, which is suppose to provide the softest ride, and I still feel all the imperfections in the roads here. It feels like driving over a cobblestone road or a never-ending series of small speed bumps. I can feel every jolt. I am surprised that none of the electronic components such as the HUD have not shaken loose yet. Hoping my car holds up as I drive these super crappy roads here.

Rough Road/Ride

Well, I've had my 2017 Grand Sport for about two months now, I just love driving this car. The handling is perfect. I've racked up 2,100 miles already. The car gets lots of stares and thumbs up. Seeing a Corvette here in Hawaii is pretty rare. I usually see 0-5 Corvettes in any given month. Mostly C6s and C7s. This car is very well built and solid. I say that because I've been driving on some of the worst roads in the USA. A recent report stated that Hawaii ranks 48th in the worst roads in the USA, and I believe that. It's like third-world roads here. Many of the roads and freeways here are BRUTAL on the stiff suspension. I normally drive in "tour" mode, which is suppose to provide the softest ride, and I still feel all the imperfections in the roads here. It feels like driving over a cobblestone road or a never-ending series of small speed bumps. I can feel every jolt. I am surprised that none of the electronic components such as the HUD have not shaken loose yet. Hoping my car holds up as I drive these super crappy roads here.

My plain ole 15 Z51 rides rough on all roads and modes unless the road was paved this morning and I was the 1st car on it. These mag. reports of the car absorbing bumps and roughness ain't happened to me. I got all that mag ride stuff too. If anyone can tell me how to make it ride better in any mode except stop Ill be glad to try it. Ive had a bunch of them so I know about the" Corvette ride"
corvette addict

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom