Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 2017 ZO6 Electrical Issue

Maidwright

Corvette
2011 ZR1, 2017 ZO6
Has anybody experienced this?
While driving my new Z06 -
  • all gauges went dead
  • Service lights for every system on the car went on
Pulled off the side of the road - shut car off in hopes of restoring everything -
Car was completely dead - car would not start -
Could not even open the door - luckily the top was down so we could get out -
Phoned a tow truck to tow to the Dealership!
An hour and a half later the alarm went off when we click the Key Fob to see if we could unlock the door -
Everything went back to normal for twenty seconds -
Long enough to start the car - decided to drive to the Dealership -
Twenty seconds later - did it again - kept driving this time -
Did not want to have my car towed and risk any damage -
Took the dealership two days to get the car to start - could not figure out the problem -
They only THOUGHT they fixed it - no repair complete -
Fast forward to today -
Same experience -
All systems down -
Drove to the dealership - had to crawl out the window at the dealership -
The Key Fob then reset the system for a bit - again
Dozens of Service Errors showing on the computer print out
Has anyone heard of anything from any C7 like this?
Is this a lemon or is this a common theme??

First of all, regarding having to crawl out of the window....

Read your Owner's manual. There are emergency, manual door releases. They are on the floor alongside the seats.

As for your massive electrical failure problem. along with a dealer which is baffled by the problem...

Ask them what TAC told them, if anything, about the problem. Also, ask them what they did in attempting to solve the problem and post that information.

Lastly, if the problem keeps happening and you have to visit the dealer a third time for warranty service, tell the dealer you want a buy-back.

:thumb:thumb:thumb what Hib sez

First of all, regarding having to crawl out of the window....

Read your Owner's manual. There are emergency, manual door releases. They are on the floor alongside the seats.

As for your massive electrical failure problem. along with a dealer which is baffled by the problem...

Ask them what TAC told them, if anything, about the problem. Also, ask them what they did in attempting to solve the problem and post that information.

Lastly, if the problem keeps happening and you have to visit the dealer a third time for warranty service, tell the dealer you want a buy-back.

1. You are correct, they are there. The service manager was standing outside the window and suggested helping me out so I did. My own stupid mistake as I was highly upset.

2. The first time they said Chevrolet said they had similar issues on the 2014 stingray and to pull front seat and check for a short in seat wiring. couldn't find a short and reinstalled. car started and road tested and gave it back. No definite short found.
Got call today saying module under under the seat bad and they ordered. Overnight. It will be done tomorrow they said. We'll see.
3. Glad to hear about buy back. Hate to have it go that far.

Supposed to leave for NV tomorrow to go to Ron Fellows Corvette School. Don't know if I can trust it. It doesn't have a thousand miles on it yet.

Probably going to drive my ford...ugh

Thanks for your help...As always

I'm gonna guess, based on the frequency of the problem's occurrence before they replaced the seat module, that you'll know fairly quickly if there problem still exists.

You will totally enjoy the Fellows School. You will learn stuff about your Corvette which will amaze you.

One thing...this time of year, it's hotter than a rat's ass in the Sahara out in Pahrump. I was over in southern NV about a month ago and during the day, I never saw it below 115 and, one afternoon, saw 121 on my OAT display, so remember....

hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

The dealership that you brought the car from, should have shown you, upon delivery, that there is an emergency manual override lever on the outside of each seat that you just have to pull and the doors will open.

One of the first things we do, when delivering a new Corvette to a customer, is to go over the safety features of the car, including how to get out of it should an electrical issue arise.

As for your electrical issue, pop the cover off the positive battery terminal and make sure that all the connections going to the battery are secure. The fuse block is underneath. Make sure everything is bolted down tight.

Before you take your car back, make sure that you get in writing that the battery load tests good and that both battery cables are clean and tight.

Before you take your car back, make sure that you get in writing that the battery load tests good and that both battery cables are clean and tight.

I totally agree. It sounds like the battery died or the issue is with the battery connection. Newer cars can't run without a battery or with a dead battery. When my battery died, I experienced the exact same problems as you described - and more!

It's back and I'm not even home from Ron Fellows school

I'm gonna guess, based on the frequency of the problem's occurrence before they replaced the seat module, that you'll know fairly quickly if there problem still exists.

You will totally enjoy the Fellows School. You will learn stuff about your Corvette which will amaze you.

One thing...this time of year, it's hotter than a rat's ass in the Sahara out in Pahrump. I was over in southern NV about a month ago and during the day, I never saw it below 115 and, one afternoon, saw 121 on my OAT display, so remember....

hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Got the car back the day I was to leave. Didn't take my track car, took my Ford Focus...embarrassing. Anyway Wednesday I had my cousin move my car for our annual garage power washing at the condo. He got in but it didn't start. He called me and he was locked in this time. Told him about levers near seat to get out. Called dealer and they couldn't get it started. It's sitting at the dealer dead. They don't know what's wrong. GM tech came today. He's having another come soon they said. I should be home tomorrow and I'll go there and talk about buy back. I'm sick about this

Update

They think it's a short in the wiring harness. But they're still not sure. waiting for GM tech to help. OMG
Third time in for this problem. 14 working days. Still under 900 miles. Looking at paperwork, dates and mileage way off.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom