Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2019 Mid-Engine Corvettes Stop for Lunch at Michigan McDonalds

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1

Attachments

• mid-engine-corvette-prototype-michigan-1.jpg
    mid-engine-corvette-prototype-michigan-1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 149
So far, so good ...

It's pretty clear this is not just a mule testing out internal components, like the Camaro Chevy used on the C5 chassis. It's the actual C8! That being said (as obvious as it may be), we still are thirsting for a look without the fabric cladding and dazzle-wrap. To date, I've seen dozens of concept illustrations and dreamer designs, but most seem like Photoshopped C7s, Lambos and Ferraris or some artist's wet dream sketches.

There is one, though, that I hope is close to the mark. The recent Automobile Magazine rendering has me drooling and seems to mimic the exposed details of the test car quite closely. If the C8 looks anything like that version, it's an over-the-top winner!

Can't wait for January ...

Has GM revealed if they are still going to market a front engine Vette after the mid engine arrives?

Overlap

Has GM revealed if they are still going to market a front engine Vette after the mid engine arrives?
My understanding is that they will have a production overlap with C7 and C8 being marketed simultaneously, beginning in late 2018, although I don't know how long they will continue the practice.

BTW ... do you think the C8R will be very close to a Corvette DP?

As much as I like the rendering, I'm not going to get too attached to it. I found a picture of the Jaguar C-X75 concept car that shared a lot of lines with this C8 version. In fact, the wheels are identical right down to the tiny round Jaguar insignia on the hubs. It's nice, but once again it's a Photoshop phantom.:eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom