Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 283 block stamps

jose

Corvette
onefine59
I am trying to find the correct stamp size and style for the 283 early corvette block date 1959 my block has been decked and I had documented the number as F1039CU but not sure what size they were and if the number 1 was as 1 or as I I think they were 7mm but need help
Thanks Jose:ugh:ugh
Will post picks of fine59 real soon

block numbers

Yes the numbers I documented are the numbers that came off the pad on the deck surface of the block I will have to purchase the correct font stamps to re write those numbers
Should have taken more care when machining the deck

If you try to stamp them individually they won't look right. Orientation and depth of stamping will be next to impossible to duplicate number to number. Originally they were all mounted in a gang fixture and the whole number was stamped with one blow of a hammer. I have seen some of the advertisers in the NCRS Driveline that rent the device all set up ready to stamp. You pay shipping both ways, rental, deposit ect.

Tom

HI
i HAVE READ THAT THE EARLY 59 STAMPINGS WERE DONE AS INDIVIDUALS NUMBERS THE LATTER ONES ON ONE STAMP NOT SURE IF THATS CORRECT BUT CAN YOU STILL HELP WITH SIZE AND FONT STYLE

MANY THANKS jOSE

Should have taken more care when machining the deck

Unless you're also going to also replicate the original pad surface finish (which was done on a broaching machine), restamping the numbers is rather pointless. Any sort of restamping is a rather touchy subject because it brings up some controversial subjects. I'd leave the pad blank if it were my car.

Good catch John.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom