Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

3.07 and 2.59 gears use the same or different speedo sensor?

B

brimis

I just read 3.07 and 2.59 gears may use different speedo sensors. Is this true? I just bought a speedo sensor, but did not specify I have 3.07 gears nor was I asked.

If the gear sets do use different speedo sensors and I receive the 2.59 speedo sensor, can I remove the gear from my speedo sensor and place it on the one I bought?

IIRC there are two different speedo sensors. It seems like one uses round pins on the connector and the other uses flat "spade" type pins. The speedo sensor uses two gears a drive gear (on the output shaft?) and a driven gear (on the sensor .... I may have this backwards). By varying the number of teeth on each you can "calibrate" the speedo. Changes to wheel size, gear ratio, ect. determine which ones you need. The gear on the sensor is easy to remove and replace. The one on the output shaft is a different story. You have to pull the tailshaft housing, use a special tool to release the retainer then slide the gear off the shaft.

:w

brimis said:
I just read 3.07 and 2.59 gears may use different speedo sensors. Is this true? I just bought a speedo sensor, but did not specify I have 3.07 gears nor was I asked.

If the gear sets do use different speedo sensors and I receive the 2.59 speedo sensor, can I remove the gear from my speedo sensor and place it on the one I bought?

Were you asked anything about the car? Year? Type of transmission?

It's possible they gave you the sensor which fits the stock configuration for the year and transmission type.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom