Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

#3 cylinder dead

korvettekarl

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport 90 ZR1 57 Bel Air
Took the Z out today and ten minutes into the drive a cylinder stopped firing. Got it home and pulled the plug wires one at a time and #3 seems to not be firing. Changed plugs and same results. Pulled plug and cranked it with the plug grounded to plenum and seems to be firing. Any suggestions?

Yes it does. Compression was 160.

All the plugs looked good. #3 was not wet which leads me to believe the injector is not functioning.

the injectors are not hard to replace, but I would suggest that you take a reading of the ohms on all the injectors.

korvettekarl said:
All the plugs looked good. #3 was not wet which leads me to believe the injector is not functioning.

Just checking on the coil, as 2 & 3 are shared. Sounds like a possible injector issue. If you do service them, do not clean them. They are a PITA after they get done. Just buy two new ones for that cylinder and be done with it.

Thanks evrybody. I will get around to changing the injectors as soon as I finish a Fuel injection install on a friends 57 Bel Air.

Are you sure there is enough of a charge getting to the plug???

I finally got the parts to pull the plenum and replace the injectors. I will get to that as soon as I finish with a 57 Bel Air I doing for a friend. I ran into a few problems with it. I am installing a Edelbrock Pro-Flo fuel injection for him. Thanks to everbody for the invaluable advice. When complete I will let everybody know.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom