Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

303 Aerospace Protectant on leather?

rwd

Corvette
Varies
I'm looking for a product to use on the seats, and the website says it can be used on leather. If anybody's tried it, I'd be interested to hear the results.

I use 303 on almost everthing on my Corvette...including the seats. I like the sheen 303 produces, as compared to the greasy slickness of other products, as well as the UV protectant it provides. I do like to use leather conditioner, though, also as I think it adds to preserving the leather and keeping it supple.

Elaine

I had my eye on that stuff (303 products) a while back. It's good stuff you say, Elaine? Just might have to get me some. :D

Ken said:
It's good stuff you say, Elaine? Just might have to get me some. :D

You do that...I think you'll like the stuff, especially if you don't like the super high gloss. 303 leaves what I call a sheen...much more preferable to me!

Elaine

You won't be disappointed Ken, 303 Aerospace Protectant is great stuff. :) I've been using it for over 2 years now and have found it to be a very versatile product (and yes, I even use it on the leather as a top dressing). It contains UV40, which is excellent in preventing sun damage. It provides a nice, modest sheen (no drenched in baby oil look with this stuff). I describe the look it provides as "factory fresh".

It can be used on many surfaces, such as door panels, dash, door pulls, weatherstripping, front air spoiler, seat backs, leather, tires, etc.

It's really a nice product to work with. :w

Based on the above info, I picked up some, and I'll give it a try.

If anybody has suggestions on a conditioner to be used on the leather before applying 303, I'd be interested in those ideas, too.

Thanks.

As far as leather conditioners go, I have a few that I like. Sometimes I will use Lexol and sometimes I will use Race Glaze. I think it depends on the mood that I am in. The Race Glaze conditioner has a nice vanilla scent and is thicker in consistency than the Lexol. The Lexol has a scent that I have not yet been able to put my finger on, and is more of a liquid consistency.

Either way, I alllow them to sit on the surface for at least 30 minutes, and then I buff off the excess. I'll usually then wait a bit before applying the 303, but it can be done right after if you want.

Allow the 303 to dry, and then buff with a soft cloth.

Actually for my leather I use the Zaino cleaner and then their conditioner. I use the 303 on the dash and other plastic stuff

Thanks for the help!

Basecar said:
Anyone used this on the fiberglass?

Hi, I tried to return your email, but your address isn't good anymore??

Anyway, no, I haven't used 303 for the fiberglass. I'm an avid fan of Adams Products for the waxing/polishing of the body. 303 is good for just about everything else, though, and who knows...maybe the fiberglass, too!

Elaine

303 is a great product and I use it on my dash and door panels and have even tried it on my seats but find that Zaino Z9 and Z10 are much better suited for leather and leave your interior smelling awesome, just like leather. I also do a Leatherique treatment once or twice a year for the deep conditioning.

When I bought my boat a couple of years ago I was given a bottle of 303 by the dealer. Worked great protecting my interior amd engine cover from sun damage. Had new leather put in my wifes Lexus, and that dealer also recommended it. I now use it on all our vehicles, and the boat. Great stuff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom