Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! $30k 06" ~47k miles on sale, good deal?

Aeolus702

Corvette
1990 L98 Dark Red Metallic Coupe
i want CAC's opinion on this sale. i saw the car in person. Paint is in good shape. weather stripping is great, although on drivers side it looks like it has stuff caked on it (very small amount all around the window). color of the plastic trim though out the interior looks pretty clean. Vossen rims (if i were to buy this, im getting tires with taller side walls, currently at 20% i think it said). 46500 milww

I have yet to test drive it.

link to the car
2006 Used Chevrolet Corvette at Reliable Auto Sales Serving Las Vegas, NV, IID 11007498
carmax
CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2006 CHEVROLET CORVETTE

KBB with a very good condition says it should retail $27,500

i currently drive a 90'' Vette as a Daily Driver, runs like a champ 107k miles. im just looking for a car for myself. (the 90'' is my dads car)

anything in particular i should look at when i go test drive it?

EDIT: i did see that the left side mirror was replaced or repaired. when they put it back on they did a crappy job and the black seal part is all twisted and nasty looking.

Last edited:
Nice looking car......they are probably a little strong on it. Make them an offer at the 27K range and see what they say.....I would have the car checked over well before buying......brakes, service history, all the car fax stuff...good luck with your search....

A 2006 with 4 previous owners would raise a flag to me, but that's just me. I'd say they are high, given miles, history of body work (I'd look really hard at the door with the mirror work). When it comes to a used Vette, I always error on the side of pampered and low miles, and there are a lot of them.

I guess you're looking for an opinion, but in the end it's YOUR money.

AND somebody telling you to offer them 27K range from afar? It think the car is worth alot less? That's only $500 less than KBB's RETAIL value. Remember that those value programs like KBB and NADA are only guides.

You've seen the car, with 4 owners, you've got concerns/questions and you haven't test driven it yet. They also have it advertised as a 5 speed automatic when we all know they are 6 speed automatics. That's telling me it's just another car to them and have no interest it's a Corvette or the correct details, just interested the sale! I'd walk away and then...

There are sssooo many of these for sale everywhere. Why don't you look at a map, figure out the furthest drive you want to go look at C6's, then make it a fun quest and look and look and look. That's alot of money to spend on a C6 when the C7's are out. If it's cash you have (congrats if it is), then let the sellers know, if you need a loan, get yourself pre-approved and show the seller you mean business with the approval letter. You'll get the sellers' attention and you'll be in control of the sale!

There was a local ad on a 05, heads up, glass roof, 6 speed standard, 65K miles, red ext, black int for $23K, clean title, etc. Didn't last long, but I'm starting to see more and more in that price range.

ALWAYS remember that if you ever want to sell it in the future, the selling price is determined the day YOU bought it, so buy it right!!!

Chuck M

Last edited:
I agree...keep looking. As someone already said, they're calling it a 5-speed automatic. They don't know Corvettes at all. I can see that it is not a 3LT. That puts it down in price because it has less options. The mirror thing is a concern to me. Regardless, there are many other Corvettes for sale. Keep looking! :D

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom