Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

30th birthday today

GT1981

Corvette
1965 milano maroon vert; 2004 lemans blue vert
My 1981 Corvette turned 30 today! We celebrated by going for a long drive on the back roads early in the morning (before any traffic) and opened it up a few times. Whew! Still great fun after all these years...:happyanim:

How does one find their cars 'birthday'?
I know my 82 was built in July 1981, but do not know the day.

Thanks

And happy b-day to your car!
My cars upcoming b-day got a makeover.

...How does one find their cars 'birthday'?...I know my 82 was built in July 1981, but do not know the day...

Look again. July 81 built cars were 81 models. 82 model production began in October, 1981. If there is a B on your trim tag, you have an 81. 82 models have a C.

Sorry, but you may not find an exact day for your car's birthday. The trim tags on Bowling Green cars list month and week of the month the car was assembled, not a specific day of the week. If you have any original documentation with the car (window sticker, invoice, build sheet, dealer paperwork, etc.) you might be able to narrow down the dates.

For reasonable guesstimation purposes, you can use the final VIN numbers for June and July to determine the number of July built cars. You can then divide that total by the number of working days in July to get an average of cars per day. You can begin with the last June built car, add your average daily production figure until you get to your VIN range, and come up with an approximate day of the week. The plant did not run on holidays.

St. Louis cars have a different trim tag which has a time/build date in the upper right corner of the tag.

:thumb

Look again. July 81 built cars were 81 models. 82 model production began in October, 1981. If there is a B on your trim tag, you have an 81. 82 models have a C.:thumb
I looked, you were right, on my door it shows under mfg date, 07/82. Dunno why I thought 81. Probably since most new cars are built the preceding year.
Remember, this is my 1st Vette & I've only had it since Nov 2010. I'm still in mega learn mode!
Go to The Corvette C3 Registry (The Corvette C3 Registry) and type in the last five numbers of your Corvette's VIN. That's how I found my 81's birthday.
I did, thanks & it showed this: Approximate birthday: July 19, 1982.
So until I feel like ripping out my gas tank to find the build sheet, that is now my cars birthday.

Thanks guys!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom