Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

335/35ZR17 on a 11" wheel?

V

vetsvette

Has anyone tried this? How did it work? The chart says rim width of 11-13" for this tire. I'm thinking of it when I get new rubber and was curious how they look/work.
:w

I think 335s will fit on the rear, they'll just stick out a little bit, but they ain't gonna fit on the front (and still be able to turn).

_ken

I have them on my Viper on 13" wide rims. I think that the 335's are too narrow for a 13" rim. When you lay the Wheel flat on the ground, the rim touches (instead of the tire curvature). The shape and profile will make a difference on how it fits in your wheel well.

I wish that someone made a 355 for my car.

Brad

I have seen 335's on several ZR-1's running an 11in. wheel. It does look good, however, I have seen a couple setups where the tire seems to bow a little bit. A 12in. rim is the way to go (from what I hear) but I have also never heard of anyone having any problems with the 335's on 11in wheels. If it's just for cruising I don't see how they would be a problem but you might not want to do it if you roadrace your Vette.

Jay

The most guy on the club drive there zr1's on 335, mounted on a 11" rim. However I think this should be a 13".

mr Viper,

Michelin makes a 345, I am sure, but not sure about the wall thickness.

johnsig2.jpg

John

look:
http://www.heerenvanbeers.nl/johnny/wheel3.jpg

nemoproblemo

johnny said:
The most guy on the club drive there zr1's on 335, mounted on a 11" rim. However I think this should be a 13".

mr Viper,

Michelin makes a 345, I am sure, but not sure about the wall thickness.

johnsig2.jpg

John

look:
http://www.heerenvanbeers.nl/johnny/wheel3.jpg

nemoproblemo

John:

I know that Michelin makes a 345 on the Pilot Sports, but they are just too hard a compound for me. I really like the break-away characteristics of the MXX3's (for street and the road course). Kumho also makeas a DOT legal racing tire called the V.700 Ecsta. They call the tire a 335, but it is actually closer to a 355. Unfortunately, not a good tire for a daily use car like mine.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Brad

I have the GS wheels and was wondering if anyone had tried that combo. I have the GS flares so I'm not worried about them sticking out, I was a little worried they might rub on the inside.

Thanks Jay. It looks like they would look OK with my flares.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom