Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

#4 Body Mount question

Islander

Corvette
1966 roadster
Just got the new body mount set so that I can mate the body to the frame. The #4 body mount has two pieces of rubber to it. One is called simply a cushion and goes under the frame's #4 mount, the bolt will go up through it. The other is called a cushion assembly. It has a metal side and a rubber side to it with a metal sleeve in the middle where the bolt goes through. I have no idea which way it goes. Does the metal end face the down towards the mount (metal against metal? Not good but what do I know), or does it go against the body (the metal end on the top)?

Islander said:
Just got the new body mount set so that I can mate the body to the frame. The #4 body mount has two pieces of rubber to it. One is called simply a cushion and goes under the frame's #4 mount, the bolt will go up through it. The other is called a cushion assembly. It has a metal side and a rubber side to it with a metal sleeve in the middle where the bolt goes through. I have no idea which way it goes. Does the metal end face the down towards the mount (metal against metal? Not good but what do I know), or does it go against the body (the metal end on the top)?
Islander look into a catalog such as paragon they normally have the detail photos taken from the A.I.M. manual. I also think ZIP has some diagrams on line so you could order parts.

I am not near my car otherwise I could have taken a photo for you

From top down (this is from memory so double check)

1. nut
2. lock washer
3. underside of bracket riveted to body
4. metal shims
5. metal sleeve (tube facing down)
6. rubber cushion
7. circular body bracket
8. rubber cushion
9. washer
10. bolt

Thanks folks, I'm ready to go do some heavy lifting...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom