Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

4 speed shifter

bg725

Corvette
1962 Roman Red roadster
Will a Muncie 4 speed shifter from 64 Corvette fit a 62? I have a chance to pick one up complete, all linkage for under $200. I have the correct transmission in my 62 but have a Hurst shifter, would like to get it back to a Muncie.

Will a Muncie 4 speed shifter from 64 Corvette fit a 62? I have a chance to pick one up complete, all linkage for under $200. I have the correct transmission in my 62 but have a Hurst shifter, would like to get it back to a Muncie.

The new '64 shifter was designed for use with a Muncie, and you don't have one - you have (or should have) a Borg-Warner T-10, and from '57 to '62 the T-10 used a unique shifter and linkage (see below) if you want the original components. The T-10 shifter is reproduced by Vette Products of Michigan (Corvette parts - Vette Products of Michigan). 59T10Trans.JPG :thumb

Thanks so much for the details and the link. this is my first venture into a C1, learning as i go.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom