Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

440 hp

C

c5blue

how money hp " the long tube headers " add to my c5

am i close to 440 hp in engine with this stuff ?? as http://breathlessperformance.com says ?????

votex ram air intake
high flow power duct
1030 cfm throttle body
z06 intake manifold
off road x pipe
long tube headers ( ceramic coated )
slp load mouth exhust
160 thrmo.
hpp.

I put on the Belanger long tube headers & got about 25 to 30 hp .. very high quality headers - I've seen 40 hp advertised, but I have never run in to anyone that I believed that ever got more that 30 hp ...

Hope this helps

:w ;)

I'd say more close to 375 hp that is on the engine. You would be about 320-330 rwhp. Thats what counts

i would GUESS that your right around 400 t0 410(at crank)you started with 350hp so all the mods you listed v-ram,headers,etc,has to be more than 25 increase,so i will say 400 even,plus the torque curve is probably flatter also.i would also see if you can get the car scanned,you might need a little tuning.i have found out the hard way,leave the MASS AIR FLOW sensor stock.i ported the crap out of mine and im very lean at WOT,im lossing power because of this.i finally found a set of stock MAS ends that will be here next week.i was o.k. with just the screen removed,but after porting and removing the air foil,im lean.later,Todd.

440 HP needs PCM programming

It would look to me that you may be in need of the SVO 30 psi injectors and a good PCM tune to achieve the HP you are searching for. Most everyone that reaches 425+ HP had to do Heads and Cam to get there

I would recommend supercharging. Its not cheap but it is advertised on most sites I see to put you at the 450 mark. Give it a whirl if you got the cash!

he's just asking if his HP on the motor would 440 with his current mods. I think some are getting HP on the motor confuse with RWHP which is the important number. With heads/cam or a supercharger he would be way more that 440 to the motor. I dont think currently you would be near 400. You probaly get half the horses that most products claim to give you. Heads/cams on an auto will give you around 400rwhp

You put a blower on and you'll see very close to 500 rwhp. My car did 517rwhp and I could have put in more timing and got more.

jak112460 said:
You put a blower on and you'll see very close to 500 rwhp. My car did 517rwhp and I could have put in more timing and got more.
heck ya,
thats awesome.i must do this.i still think with the mods he listed hes very close to 400(crank).but to get to 450,no doubt about heads and cam.get it on a dyno and see?aloha.
Todd.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom