Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

50th Anniversary stats?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bornn53
  • Start date Start date
B

Bornn53

Hello, this is my first time here at corvetteactioncenter/forum:

I was directed to this site by the Chevrolet web site as they couldnt answer my questions, which I found to be surprising and disappointing, particularly given the current info age/info overload/etc. Further, I'd purchased a Ford Cobra (hope I'm not in danger by mentioning such... :-) ) in 97 and they sent me a frameable certificate that gave the total number made, the specific number of my cobra and the date it was made)

Anyway, these were my questions to Chevrolet and they were only able to answer a couple of them. If possible, is there anyone in cyber land that could find out the other answers, knows the other answers or could direct me to someone/somewhere that might?? Any help would be appreciated and I thank you in advance:

1. How many 50th Anniversary models (with the anniversary ruby red, shale interior, special wheel color) where made? 11,632
2. How many were convertibles v coupes (hardtops)? convertibles=7547 and coupes(hardtops)=4085

3. Questions they couldnt answer:
-where did mine fit in the total sequence of all made? (vin: 1G1YY22G035117112) They were able to tell me the day it was made: 12-17-02
4. How many 6speeds v automatics were made?
5. What was the breakdown for 6 speeds v automatics for the convertibles v the coupes (hardtops)?

Again, I was directed here by Chervolet and appreciate any help anyone may be able to provide!

Go to the tabs located on the top of the page and click on tech center. Then click on model center. Select your year model and there is alot of different information provided. You may be able to find what you need there.

www.50thregistry.com may have lots of your answers and a whole bunch of people that own 2003 AE's.

Hi Bornn53,
I am guessing you bought a 2003 50th AER (anniversary edition red) Vette. You can ask the dealer for the GM Vehicle Inquiry Systrem (VIS) Vehicle Build report. Thes has the particulars on your Vette including the build date. My guess was that yours is the 17112th 2004 Vette built. Now that I reread your post, it looks like you have a 50th anniversary Cobra. Again, your Ford dealer should be able to print up a simillar report. As to build stats, you need to wait for the end of the production run.
Sorry to waist time.
Blue Borg Brian 1 of 58

There is a database of 50th AE cars on the 50th Registry site.

Here's some info I found there about your car:

VIN:1G1YY22G035117112
MODEL: 1YY07 - Coupe
SEQUENCE:17258
COUNTRY CODE:13 - USA
DEALER:36290
BUILD DATE:12/15/2002
OPTIONS:
1SC - Preferred Equipment Group
1SZ - 1SZ
94U - 50th Anniversary Red Metallic Paint
AAB - Memory Seats
AQ9 - Sport Seats
B84 - Exterior b/s moldings
CC3 - Removable Roof Panel, Blue Tint (Coupe)
CJ2 - Air Cond. with auto temp Control
DD0 - Electrochromic Mirrors - Outside
DL5 - Decal, Road Side Service
E2C - Sold Order
F55 - Magnetic Selective Ride Control
FE9 - Federal Emissions
GU6 - Axle, Rear, 3.42 Ratio
LS1 - Engine 8cyl 5.7 SFI-Aluminum (VIN G)
MN6 - 6 Speed Trans
QD4 - Anniv. Wheel
R9U - Control - Sales Item #95
SLL - Order Modif. Orders Sold
T82 - Headlamp Control, Automatic on/off (Twilight Sentinel)
U1S - Changer, remote CD
UN0 - Stereo System w/ CD
UZ6 - Speaker System 6 Quad Front Door Mounted, Dual 1/4 Mounted
V49 - Front Lic. Plate
VM3 - Label Info, Consumer BPR IMP STD.
Z25 - Anniversary Package

For all AE:

6-speed - 3892 our of 10889 destined for the USA
6-sp/vert combo - 2660
6-sp/coupe combo - 1232

Anything else?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom