Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'57/58 283 (corvette?) FS

steven warren

283 #3737739,Build Date D98, Exhaust Manifold (1) 3733975, Head #3731589 Build Date A2157, 4-brl Intake #3837109 W/Roch. This motor was pulled from a '54 Chev PU 20? 30? plus years ago and has been sitting in a barn since. I dont know much beyond that but it is in excellent original appearing condition, I have not fired it but it turns over exactly as it should, even points opened and closed properly and gap was correct...lol. I have lightly pressure washed the motor and wire brushed the #'s and it is as I found it. I would prefer to sell it whole as she sits but will consider separating it. For more information, details and pictures just ask, I am NOT a Corvette savvy person and have received wildly different opinions of what the history etc of this 283 so I cant honestly say anything beyond the 7-fin valve covers are actual Corvette.

Last edited:
283 #3737739,Build Date D98, Exhaust Manifold (1) 3733975, Head #3731589 Build Date A2157, 4-brl Intake #3837109 W/Roch. This motor was pulled from a '54 Chev PU 20? 30? plus years ago and has been sitting in a barn since. I dont know much beyond that but it is in excellent original appearing condition, I have not fired it but it turns over exactly as it should, even points opened and closed properly and gap was correct...lol. I have lightly pressure washed the motor and wire brushed the #'s and it is as I found it. I would prefer to sell it whole as she sits but will consider separating it. For more information, details and pictures just ask, I am NOT a Corvette savvy person and have received wildly different opinions of what the history etc of this 283 so I cant honestly say anything beyond the 7-fin valve covers are actual Corvette.

Do you have any pic's?

Thanks, Sam

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom