Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

57 restomod

porch dog

i know i had a thread here before but dont remember where. here is an update on the " spi vette " . it will set on a Corvette Correction chassis with an ls1. this car was in very bad shape when it came here. it had been butchered by homer and jefro with bondo and primer to hide it all . hope you enjoy it. heres a link to the build.
http://www.streetrodding.com/index.cfm/f/docs.view/id/336649

It has come a long way. Very nice work.

Tom

Hey Shine,

Long time, no see! The 57 is looking good. How much longer until you get the body back on the chassis? I have been down sick for a few months, but am finally getting back to work on the 65. I will send you some pics, when I get a chance.

Regards, John McGraw

howdy john. glad to hear you'er up and at it. better slowdown son........we're getting old:D i was going to set the body this weekend but it's too wet here to move around. about to get rid of the 62. they talked me into putting it back together:crazy it was taken apart by some carpenters. i now no longer look for fasteners. i just order new ones. this car was probly a mess before they got it. had 13 pieces holding the grille surround on....... out of 64. as soon as it leaves i will find me a 57 to build. i pretty much closed the doors on building stuff for the public. i want to do one my way, without worry about a budget.

by the way. the spi epoxy is killer. thats all i used on the 57, no 2k primer.

Shine,

Glad to hear you are about ready to get the 62 gone. I know that you will be glad to finally see it gone. I am probably going to put the 59 up for sale pretty soon, as the medical costs for the last couple of months hit me pretty hard, even with insurance. My company also sold out, and the new company did not pick me up, so who knows how long I will be out of a job, and the proceeds from the sale of the 59 might come in handy! I am on the mend, and am finally able to start putting some hours in the shop. If worse comes to worse, I may just have to restore Corvettes for a living! I swore that I would never go back to building cars for other people again, but it all depends on my job prospects.

Regards, John McGraw

I may just have to restore Corvettes for a living! I swore that I would never go back to building cars for other people again, but it all depends on my job prospects.

Regards, John McGraw
John, you do GREAT work......heck, can I fly you to Ohio and have you work on mine for a while???????? I could get to the end quicker!!!

i know i had a thread here before but dont remember where. here is an update on the " spi vette " . it will set on a Corvette Correction chassis with an ls1. this car was in very bad shape when it came here. it had been butchered by homer and jefro with bondo and primer to hide it all . hope you enjoy it. heres a link to the build.
http://www.streetrodding.com/index.cfm/f/docs.view/id/336649
wow....you are moving right along....great work!!!

Herb

John, you do GREAT work......heck, can I fly you to Ohio and have you work on mine for a while???????? I could get to the end quicker!!!

Herb,

You are kind to say so, but my problem is that I am too much of a perfectionist. Most people really don't want to pay for this type of work, but I can't do it any other way. The end result, is that I end up with way more hours in a job than I can charge for, so my effective labor rate really takes it in the shorts! I am hopefull that I can find an acceptable job within the next few months, but if not, I may think about just staying home and building cars.

I spent over 21 years at my last job, and I really intended to retire from there. I still have not gotten over the feeling that there is nowhere else that I really want to work. I will get over this and move on, but it is still hard to envision starting all over again somewhere else!

Regards, John McGraw

got the chassis this weekend. hope to mount the body sometime this week. really trying to get the 62 together and gone. building 3 at a time last year made a mess of my shop. way too many pieces setting around. never again.:D john, i have found a big difference in what someone will buy a car for and what they will pay to have one built. imho if a car would sell for 130k it should be worth that to have one built. otherwise we are wasting our time building at wholsale prices. i'm just going to build one at a time so i can consentrate on it and sadisfy myself with it ( if thats possible);)

Hello Shine
You do very nice work. I really like what you have done
take care
Tom

Hello Shine
That engine compt is just so clean...very very nice. I really like your work
take care
Tom

well i finished the 62 so it went away. got the 57 a little further along. got my new building room finished . 57 should be done soon. i'm slow but i try hard :D at least i'm down to just 2 now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom