Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 59 c1 with / 58 parts ?? ???

westozmonaro

Corvette
1959 inca silver
hi , one for the gurus

my 59 c1 number 1568 , has the 58 style shifter not the t piece reverse 59 one , someone told me the very early 59 models used a lot of 58 parts left over
1 / is this a true fact ,
2 / what other items that were different should i look for
3 / what numbers are actually called early , out of 9k being 1568 i guess thats early and in some parts for sale ect they say early or late 59

is there also a difference in 59 models as well

Using left over prior year parts was normal in most lines. Mid year changes were also not unusual.

The NCRS 1958-1960 Technical Information Manual & Judging Guide has all the details on original configuration, and identifies any previous-year carryover parts that may have been used on early cars (very doubtful on #1568). Available from the NCRS on-line store at www.ncrs.org.

:beer

what numbers are actually called early , out of 9k being 1568 i guess thats early and in some parts for sale ect they say early or late 59

is there also a difference in 59 models as well

A big difference was the cylinder heads being changed in the middle of the 1959 model year. The early cars had staggered valve covers, the later cars had straight valve covers

58 morph

Lot of possibilities.

Check the vin on the frame.....
Look at stamped dates on the back of the gages.

Door inside fiberglass may be different

inside of trunk, exhaust shields glass vs metal?

Without a doubt some 58s were updated to 59s way back when to get more $$$. These vettes were just cars back then.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom