Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'59 Registry MILESTONE: window sticker details FOUND!

CHEV66JB

Corvette
'59 Corvette #5366
Hey Gang,

Spectacular news was provided to Mike Hamilton today, owner of car #1390, from '59 owner Russ Uzes (car #6058 )..

While going through some old magazines, Russ located an old article that included a picture of old GM auto window stickers, and at the front of the pic was the window sticker for........... '59 #1390! Before anyone else gets their hopes up though, I have to mention that this particular window sticker is the only one that can be read legibly in the picture.

I have to say that I am really proud of Russ' find, for many reasons. First, what are the chances of someone coming across a detailed window sticker in a public magazine? Second, what are the chances of someone locating that information in a magazine almost 50 years old? And finally, what are the chances of being able to put that information in the hands of the CURRENT owner of the car? In this case, the stars must have all been in alignment for Mike, because all 3 of the above came together, and provided him with HUGE chunk of history for his car.

This, my friends, is one of the biggest reasons I wanted the 1959 Corvette Registry to be created. This is actually the SECOND instance I've had since it came into being where it really helped out a specific '59 owner or enthusiast. The other event happened last year, when a person contacted me regarding a '59 Corvette they were looking at on eBay. They mentioned that the information on the Registry differed from that of the car's details on the eBay auction, and they wanted to know if I could help them verify the TRUE details of the car. I had just received the details of the car from its current owner when it was posted on the site, therefore I knew the info on eBay was fraudulent. I advised the person, who in turn contacted eBay, and shortly afterward the auction was pulled.

As the Registry continues to grow, I foresee experiences like what has happened today becoming more prominent- So, for those of you hoping for the backlog of your car to be revealed one day, please take this example as hope for YOU and YOUR CAR as well.. As long as I am fit to do so (and yes I'm in great health right now), I will continue to try to bring all of these bits of information together for all to use and appreciate. In the meantime, if YOU happen to come across info on someone else's car, regardless of how small, PLEASE let me know. The details may be minute to you, but will be MONUMENTAL on the side of the actual car owner.

Huge thanks goes out again to Russ Uzes, the man of the day!

Regards,

Jim Brady III

Jim,

Those are great stories. :upthumbs Well done.

Again, many thanks to Jim and Russ for providing me with the information.

Jim Brady III (CHEV66JB)

The L81VetteRegistry applauds your efforts and Success.

It would be great to see some of the major Corvette Magazines do an article about Corvette Registry's. I've contacted Corvette Enthusiast a couple of times, not even a response from them :(

Keep up the GREAT work and documenting your passion for the 1959 Corvette.

Maybe at the next CAC CruiseFest we can get some Registry's together and compare notes and brain storm new idea's ;)

Bud Dougherty
Administrator
L81VetteRegistry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom