Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

60 4 speed shifter vs 64 shifter

J60FI

Corvette
1960 Red on Red
I am almost ready to put the engine and tranny on the chasis, but have one question for my '60

I have a '64 4 speed shifter an linkeage, can anybody tell me the difference between this and the proper '60 4 speed shifter and linkeage assembly.

I am looking at pictures of the '60 and i cant tell the difference. I really dont want to spend the extra $$$ unless it isn't going to work for me.. but i would really like to know before i start to put it together..

Thanks in advance..

Joe

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
The shifters are completely different, and so are the top levers - the top lever for the '60 is the "skinny" style, and the '64 is the "round" lever and T-handle with the big chrome knob - it'll stick out like a sore thumb. Don't know offhand if the '64 shifter and lever will align with the hole in the '60 floor pan; if finished appearance is important, a correct '60 shifter is a pretty minor investment compared to all the work and money you've put in the car already.

:beer

J60FI

Corvette
1960 Red on Red
:drink :drink Thanks John, i will put my order in for a '60 shifter.. guess i should order the linkeage with it..

Apreciate your help

Cheers..

Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom