Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

63 Coupe Project - Update

richscorvettes

Corvette
1963 & 2007 Z06 Coupes
Haven't had much time to spend on the Forums over the past few months or post the progress of our project. We finished the car by the skin of our teeth just in time to head out to the Detroit Autorama. We couldn't have made it without the help of our family and friends. It was an intesting trip driving through the snow and ice storms and we were relieved to make it safely.

We've added some current pictures of the car on page 10 of our web site. Here is the direct link: http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c5/richs7/Web_Page_10_-_63_Corvette_Project.shtml

Now we're looking forward to a little rest and heading out to the summer shows especially Carlisle.

Rich & Barb

Great pictures

Thanks for posting. Looks like the car turned out beautifully. :upthumbs You and all of your helpers definately have a well deserved rest coming your way.

Another Great Job Rich. Can't wait to see it at Carlisle,
Now sit back a have a :beer:beer:beer:beer

Rich, the car is just incredible - you and Barb can be extremely proud of the awards you received at Autorama; your attention to detail is stunning! :)

:beer

What a beautiful Vette! :upthumbs

The pictures are gorgeous but do not show all the blood, sweat and tears that were involved in this project!

If one has not done this type of work before, one has a hard time imagining everything that goes into the final result.

SAVE THE :w

Nice job Rich, I can't wait to see this car. Your 67 was my favorite but this may change my mind. Are you going to bring it to Marks this year?

I sat here for 10 mins. trying to find adequate words to describe your car. I will leave it at "WOW". Beautiful project that I am sure you are proud of. Regards, Bob.

I Have To Ask...............

I know I asked you this once before when you had the 62 inside at Carlisle and we first met but, are you & Barb SURE you can't adopt me? Far aside from the end results of your cars, you are two of the finest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Congrat's on the awards, I'm sure as the season continues, so will the awards. I look forward to seeing you both in Carlisle.

Rich,
The car is absolutely amazing. My son and I spent a good long time looking it over on Sunday but we didn't see you. I'm still editing my pictures but I did get a couple of your car. I'll try to post them this weekend.

Tom

Thanks for the compliments. This isn't likely the type of project we'll undertake again as we're looking forward to doing the things we put off over the last four years.

Rowdy, you're invited any time but I doubt we could support your tire bill if you were adopted......... ;LOL

The thing we enjoy most about this hobby is the people you get to meet and friends you get to make. The cars may be the thing that brings people to an event but it's the people and friends that keep you coming back. We consider ourselves very fortunate in that regard.

We're looking forward to the summer show season and hope to see everyone in Carlisle in August.

Rich & Barb

Rich,

The car looks great, as we all knew it would, I was wondering what happened to the the series in the magazine untill the info came out that you were going after a Riddler award recently. Enjoy all your extra free time now that the car is done.

Tom McCabe

:w Extremely nice job. The pictures look excellent. Would love to see her in person. Hopefully we will be able to see it a one of the shows. Thanks. :w

Thanks, to everyone. Barb and I appreciate the kind thoughts.

Mark,

Those folks in the audience look like they've been around since the Truman administration........ Might be time to update.......... ;LOL

Rich

Thanks, to everyone. Barb and I appreciate the kind thoughts.

Mark,

Those folks in the audience look like they've been around since the Truman administration........ Might be time to update.......... ;LOL

Rich
Yeah..I'll have to "Photo Shop" their clothing...;LOL

Your car looks really good Rich. You and Barb must be very proud
I bet it will be sometime before you want to look at your polishing machine again. I have never seen that much attention and devotion to detail before
The car looks stunning and the pics of your frame is an absolute work of art
Tom

Tom,

Thanks and also thanks for your work on the seat risers, steering column bushing and tire stands. They all worked great.

You're right about not wanting to do any polishing anytime soon...... Now we have to clean that shop up though which will take a solid week.....

Rich

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom