Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'64 coupe - this seem a little "fishy" to you?

I can't understand why every time something like this shows up, every one seems to forget the " Golden Rule "

IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, YOU CAN BET IT'S NOT.

At only 19K, I could part it out for more money.

Stepinwolf

The whole website looks fishy. All prices are low. No information on how to buy except an email address.
Checked the domain registration on "Whois" and all the registration information is "hidden", another bad sign.
Charles

Like the others said, could be a scam but could have alot of hidden issues, what I thought was a refection/glare in the door jams looks more like two differect colors the more you look at it. What did the rest of you think?

That car was just on Ebay. I believe it bid up over 30K or higher but am not sure on the price. I don't think the add is real or if it is there must be something drastically wrong with the car. My guess - stollen pictures - proceed with caution.

Could be a few different things. We used to have a paper called the "Want Ad Press" and it came out once a month selling for a $1.

One guy advertised a "Dino" for something like $8,000 and at that price I had to call. Old Italian guy answered the phone ..... "changed my mind, raced it last week and don't want to sell".

Six months later .... same "Dino", same guy ... "don't want to sell" .. :eyerole

But things like that keep you buying the paper.

Or ..... they may have you call a phone number with an "area code" like "809" or "284" and many of those are billed like a phone sex line.

I once called a number in the back section of a Yachting/Power boat magazine; a legit mag .... I wanted to rent a boat down in the Keys. When the rates were high ... I decided to pass, but only after the "nice lady" kept me on the line while she checked for other boats in the area. Never thought much of it till I got my phone bill and there was a $300+ charge. The phone company was actually nice about it and deducted the charge from my bill.

Ya' gotta have a score card to keep up with the gimicks and ho's out there! :mad

These pictures are getting a workout! There are multiple posts on Ebay right now with the same pictures and a $2900.00 price tag. The Ebay scams are getting out of hand.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom