Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

65 seat belt replacements

brumbach

Corvette
1965 convertible
Anyone have experience with the mid america "affordable" seat belt replacements priced at $70 a pair? Add states their for a 63 but will work for 53-67. I'm sure my seat belts are correct for my 65 but they are ugly and I'm not gonna spend a bunch of money to restore them. I guess my real question is whether or not the ones offered by mid america are compatible with the holding bracket on the consol.

Thanks,

Billl

I'd be surprised if the replacements would fit the console bracket. If your original belts are only dirty, you might want to consider soaking/scrubbing your original seatbelts to clean them up, sanding down and painting the buckles and buying a couple of new bowtie medallions (they are fairly inexpensive). I did that to an old set for my 65. While they may not pass NCRS inspection, they look good and are more than adequate for a driver. You'll have some time involved, but much less than $70 and you know they will fit the bracket.

I have them. The look pretty good but do not fully fit the center console bracket - the rattle around so I have to remove the passenger buckle from the bracket and place it on the seet when I drive. It fits over the bracketbut does not latch. These are the airplane style buckle right...? Not the push button.

I wasn't about to spend $300 for a new set.
Brian

I too was missing the original seat belts and replaced them with a Paragon replacement set:

http://www.corvette-paragon.com/catalog/Product.aspx?id=EBD6AEC0-EF89-4DF1-8D34-35F306356C40

They also did not fit the console bracket (bracket was too wide) so using a jig saw and grinder I worked down the left and right outside edge of the bracket and they fit pretty well now and you can't even tell I "modified" the bracket.

As Brian says they don't latch, but manage to stay on the bracket just fine.

Sounds like you may just want to have them restored Bill, or at least steam clean them and redye them yourself.

Doug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom