Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

66 - Driver Side Lower Control Arm - What is this tab?

tigernut

Looks like someone welded this on, as it didn't appear anything was supposed to hook to this during disassembly and I can't find it in my assembly manual.

Thanks,
Doug

Those are stops for the steering knuckle. They belong there.

It contacts the steering knuckle to limit the amount of travel... Or at least that's how it was explained to me this winter when I had the same question... Dave....

youwish2bme said:
It contacts the steering knuckle to limit the amount of travel... Or at least that's how it was explained to me this winter when I had the same question... Dave....

In fact, my aftermarket lower A-arms give me somewhat less turning capability than stock, so it looks like some steering with the rear wheels will be required in tight spots. :D

Doesn't the backside use a large round headed bolt for the stop in the other direction.. Just thought I'd add that b/c I had it reversed when I put my lower a-arms together this winter... ?? Dave...

67HEAVEN said:
In fact, my aftermarket lower A-arms give me somewhat less turning capability than stock, so it looks like some steering with the rear wheels will be required in tight spots. :D
Couldn't you shorten the tab a little to get a sharper turning radius as long as the tires don't rub? Might save Mac having to write you a ticket. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom