Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

66 glove box

Ronald

Corvette
66 Coupe
Hi,

I recently bought a new glove box emblem for my 66. It previously had a 65 emblem. I was surprised that the 66 emblem is only 2 1/2" wide (almost half the size of the 65 emblem). Is that correct?

If it is correct, could you please let me know the measurements for the placement of the emblem. I'll have to drill some holes and that always makes me nervous :ugh

Ronald - I don't know if you could cover the mounting holes with the smaller 66 emblem. Here is a photo of my 66 glove box.

Thanks. I don't have to worry about the old mounting holes. I'm lucky there: the 65 emblem was just secured with silicon (no holes). Is it true that the 66 emblem is only 2 1/2 " wide? I just want to make sure I have the correct emblem, before I permanently install it. What would be the measurement from the bottom right corner of the emblem to the inside edge of the black portion of the glove box (to the right and to the bottom)?

I measured just from the brushed silver insert to the chrome trim that outlines the brushed silver insert. I did not include the black part of the door. Mine is 5/8 inch up from the bottom of the trim and 1 7/8 inch to the left of the thin trim strip. Again, this is measuring on the brushed silver part only to the bottom right corner of the emblem. This should be pretty close.

I measured just from the brushed silver insert to the chrome trim that outlines the brushed silver insert. I did not include the black part of the door. Mine is 5/8 inch up from the bottom of the trim and 1 7/8 inch to the left of the thin trim strip. Again, this is measuring on the brushed silver part only to the bottom right corner of the emblem. This should be pretty close.

Perfect, and the emblem itself is 2 1/2" ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom