Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

67 Assembly Manual Help Wanted

bobmanx

Corvette
1967 White Convert. 327/350hp, 4 spd, with A/C
Thanks for all the knowledgeable Corvette Owners out there. I'm trying to compile all the info that I can, and one of the things that I was told would help to educate me to some of my Corvette was the addition of a 1967 Factory Assembly Manual.

OK, it just arrived today, and as I was parusing through it, I was taken by the fact that a large number of the pages were shall we say very faint/light in the print quality. It appears that this may be the 15th copy of a copy of a copy twice removed. It was supposed to be a Corvette America produced copy of original factory instructions. If this was what GM used to produce my car on the assembly line, it might explain some of the "why did they do it this way" because some of the pages are so lightly printed that it leaves a lot to anyone's imagination.

So who has a decent copy and who printed it and where can I purchase a copy that is useable? Are they all like this, no matter who sells them? Are they all from one original copy supplied by GM and over copied by all the suppliers?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or if someone has a way to supply some clearer, darker print copies of the pages that mine is lacking, I would gladly swap any pages that they are having problems with if mine are better. Surely there must be a nice clean set out there that can be used to improve the quality of these manuals, or get them on a CD so anyone can get the info needed to work on their year car.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Bob,

I bought mine from "Greg'sOnline" and the same deal on the clarity. They have really been makin $$ on this one....

Steve

P.S. What pgs do you need....

Bob,
As the time passes, more and more complaints like yours are showing up and for the reason you suspect. The newest AIMs are copies of copies of copies of copies. My 67 AIM was printed around 1982, so the clarity is not too bad. What pages do you need help with?

If you have microsoft's Access ( a database management system) on either you pc at home or work, I can send you a database I created from the AIM. I can tell you where each part was used, by asking to llocate the part by part number or part name. If you're interested, let me know.

I also have the wiring diagram - in color - I hated following a black fuzzy line oly to get to the other end and find out I lost it. Now when I trace a blue wire , I can trace a BLUE wire.

Don

When I bought my car last year an assembly manual came with it but as you said a large percentage of the pages were too light to read. I purchased a new one on ebay for around $30.00 and most if not all the pages are very legable. I'll try to email you the link if I can find it.
Mark

Thanks everyone! After parusing through this new and sealed "Corvette America" version with the "Red, White and Blue Covers (HINT HINT HINT), I think the best thing to do is to purchase another one from a different source. Any suggestions or sources for a READABLE 1967 AIM thats not almost blank pages?

After contacting the seller (ebay) he mentioned that there was a "disclaimer" on his auctions that mentioned "that since this was a copy of original GM Assem. documents, there might be some light printed pages" and that this was the way they all are. He did offer to exchange it for the same item, but after shipping X3 it wouldnt be worth it, to end up with the another "LIGHT PRINTED COPY" as I started with.

It would seem that based on the "disclaimer" that he has been down this road before, maybe a very well traveled road. He must be getting them cheap or maybe copying them a copy of one he had purchased.

So as they say, "let the buyers beware"! The only thing that I can fault the vendor for is selling items that he knows (see discaimer) are less than minimum acceptable quality, a "few pages" is one thing. But other than the cover and the contents pages, one is hard pressed to be able to use this copied copy of a copied copy from a copied copy of copied copies.

Thanks, Bob

The '67 A.I.M. available from the NCRS Bookstore (www.ncrs.org) was copied from an original (or copies of an original) with the "Chevrolet Engineering Graphic" logo at the top of each page, not the old sheets with the "Mid-America" logo at the top instead; it's much more legible.
:beer

They are old however

My 1967 assembly manual, bought from NCRS in 1982, was weak then and I am sure weaker now. It was all John Amgwert could get out of GM in the old days. Now Mid America and others are are cashing in on the rights of publication.

Use what you have Bob, and if you get stuck with a specific page I will fax one over if my quality is better.

I bought one for my 65 from Millenium Industries on Ebay and the 65 assembly manual is very clear unlike the mid America one that came with the car. I would assume the 67 issue is equally as good.
Good Luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom