Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

68 & 69's

R

RalleyRed

Has anyone with a stock bodied 68 or 69 got wider than stock rims on the back?( remember 68 & 69 have no flares)

I'd like some pictures from the back and spec's if possible.

I'm looking at a set of 10" Rally wheels made by "wheel vintiques"
These has a 5" backspace.
I don't want alot of tire hanging out past the body.

Rick

RalleyRed, Get in touch with Chris (69MyWay), his car is possibly the coolest 69 Vette I've ever seen, and those wheels are Sweeeeeeeeeeeettttttt! :D

Spiderman :w :_rock

Guy's I know all about Chris's car and I agree it is awsome.

But my question read for a "stock bodied 68 or 69".

Thanks anyways,

Rick

Sorry bout that. I lost my scholarship to the "Derek Zoolander School for Kid's Who Can't Read Good" ;stupid

Spiderman :w

Spiderman,

Thanks for the laugh!

You really did crack me up!:L

Thanks for trying awayways:upthumbs

Rick

RalleyRed

I have a stock bodied 68 roadster with a set of tires that are 265/50 r15. Not sure what the wheel size is but I do use a .25 inch spacer plate on the rear.

I will see if I can get a picture of it this weekend and I will post it.

Matt

Hey Ralley, remember that a 10" rim is really 11.5" wide from lip to lip. Make sure when you are talking with them that you are both measuring the wheels the same way.

I am 99.9% sure you can do this as the 9.5" stock C4 wheels (everybody calls them 10", but they are only 9.5) can easily be adpated to fit a C3 with the correct spacer.

You will need the 5" back set to get enough tire inbound so that it does not stick out.

The 70-82 bodies are really no wider at the top, they just have the "mud flap" rear lower flare portion to keep the stone chips and road debris off the paint.

I think you would be bet suited with a 9.5" (inner lip to inner lip) rim on a 5" off space all the way around.

I ran a 5" off set in the rear of my car, and a 4.5" in the front. My front rims are actually 9.5" (or 10.5" outside lip to outside lip), and would stick out too far on a stock front clip. Therefore, the 5" back space would be perfect.

Hope that helps.

You can also check with

www.hvydeez.com and look at the rims they have. All in all, you are looking at about the same price as Vintique. However, you are getting a rim that is a little "different" than the pack.

Check out this yellow beauty running a little larger than stock width on a C2.

66corvette_side.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom