Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

68 spark plugs

greggome

Corvette
1968 corvette bronze coupe
I need some spark plugs for my stock 68 327/350. I know that AC 44s are not available so the suggestion is running AC 43s which are a bit cooler. Ive been running a bit rich so it was suggested for the around the town driving I do to go up to a 45s. Some say thats fine others warn against a hotter plug. Right now I'm running Champion RJ 12 YC plugs. I have no idea how to cross reference all of these plug numbers of the varied manufacturers eg. NGK, AC, Accel, Bosch etc. and not wanting to spend 6$ a plug I figured AC would be a safe bet. Any thoughts on selecting the proper plug?

I need some spark plugs for my stock 68 327/350. I know that AC 44s are not available so the suggestion is running AC 43s which are a bit cooler. Ive been running a bit rich so it was suggested for the around the town driving I do to go up to a 45s. Some say thats fine others warn against a hotter plug. Right now I'm running Champion RJ 12 YC plugs. I have no idea how to cross reference all of these plug numbers of the varied manufacturers eg. NGK, AC, Accel, Bosch etc. and not wanting to spend 6$ a plug I figured AC would be a safe bet. Any thoughts on selecting the proper plug?

Stick with AC Delco and get the Champions out of there. One heat range hotter won't hurt anything, I would use the AC 45's if that is what is called for. To ease your mind about the 1 heat range hotter you can always pull a plug or 2 in a couple hundred miles and see how they are burning.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom