Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'69 350ci 350hp sound

1996Z15

Corvette
1969 Corvette coupe
I have a '69 L46 and was wondering what kind of idle it should have. More specifically, what kind of lope should it have at idle? I always wanted my car to have that nasty lope to it and I was recently on Ebay checking out some of the ads. I came across a few for 1969 Z28's that had videos posted and those cars had the idle I want my car to have.

Did the L46 have a lope to it similar to the Z28 from the factory or would it have needed a wilder cam due to the increase in cubic inches?

Would anyone be able to post a sound clip of a factory L46 Corvette that I could listen to?

My '70 L-46 has a slight lope at idle. Not as dramitic as the stroker we have in the '71, though.

I have a '69 L46 and was wondering what kind of idle it should have. More specifically, what kind of lope should it have at idle? I always wanted my car to have that nasty lope to it and I was recently on Ebay checking out some of the ads. I came across a few for 1969 Z28's that had videos posted and those cars had the idle I want my car to have.

Did the L46 have a lope to it similar to the Z28 from the factory or would it have needed a wilder cam due to the increase in cubic inches?

Would anyone be able to post a sound clip of a factory L46 Corvette that I could listen to?

I have a '69 with an L-46. My cam is slightly modified, but pretty much the same as the stock version. Click on the second link in my signature (below) -- you can hear how mine sounds at idle. This is with chambered exhaust, so it is louder than stock, but you can get a sense of the lope, etc.

Ralph

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom