Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

69, 70, and 72 vette

leev

Corvette
soon! =)
ive found 3 vettes for sale, and i was wondering if they were priced the same,
which should i get?

69 convertible 350
70 convertible 350
72 ttop LT-1

which among these are the fastest and best performers?

If performance is the only factor then the 69 or 70 would probably win by a hair. The '72 motors were detuned a little bit (mostly lower compression) versus the earlier sharks and I'm not sure that the LT-1 specs would compensate for that over a base '70 (someone is bound to correct me soon.)

But the LT-1 is a better motor than the base (4 bolt mains, etc.) offset by the convertible body of the other two.

Tough choice. ;)

If performance is the only factor then the 69 or 70 would probably win by a hair. The '72 motors were detuned a little bit (mostly lower compression) versus the earlier sharks and I'm not sure that the LT-1 specs would compensate for that over a base '70 (someone is bound to correct me soon.)

But the LT-1 is a better motor than the base (4 bolt mains, etc.) offset by the convertible body of the other two.

Tough choice. ;)

im also wondering how come the convertible ones are heavier than the ttop coupes :W

i guess id be going for the 1972 LT1 Coupe because i think those convertibles of 70 and 69 arent much of value having stock 350 engines, changing them and buying new hoods would change the car's soul completely. unlike the 1972 with the LT1, id probably be carrying a piece of history with me, plus i hear the LT1's are built well and engine upgrades can always happen when the need for horsepower arises. :crazy

... those convertibles of 70 and 69 arent much of value having stock 350 engines, changing them and buying new hoods would change the car's soul completely.

Huh? WHERE are you getting your info?

i guess the LT1 Hoods are just too beautiful for me.. makes the car look more aggressive than sleek.

another opinion

Hello there , my choice is the 1970 convertible, and ill tell you why, 1970 is a great year because there was only a total of 17316 built and 6648 of those were convertible, thats low compared to 1968, 18630 convertibles, and 16633 convertibles in 1969, personally i prefer targa, but when the top comes down the price goes up. and all this depends on its actual condition, originality, rust,mechanical, and history, regards.

...ive found 3 vettes for sale, and i was wondering if they were priced the same, which should i get?

69 convertible 350
70 convertible 350
72 ttop LT-1

which among these are the fastest and best performers?

Which one do you want? Are the 69 and 70 cars 350hp cars? No 350/350hp after the 1970 model year.

Are you sure the LT-1 is an LT-1? Does the seller have documentation with the car to verify it? No sense spending the bucks for a genuine LT-1 only to find out it's a 350 car the owner "thought" was an LT-1.

Of the three, which is in the best shape for the money?

Got pics?

Do you have any smallblock Chevrolet reference material? Tons of smallblock stuff has been written over the years detailing these engines and what they can do.

:)

Get the one with the least birdcage rust. Of these three, it makes all the other factors irrelevant!

yes they are all restored, all matching numbers, because here in the Philippines, people cant really just find a shop and have their muscle car or vette customized, we dont even have 1 single shop selling aftermarket parts. everything has to be ordered from the US, whihc means +30% cost from tax so nobody does it. save for some die hard chevy mechanics because chevy was popular here before. so all the cars here tend to be either wrecked or kept in a garage in its original condition. and ive seen them.

the 69 is a red base 350 convertible.
the 70 is a blue base 350 convertible.
the 72 is an LT1 coupe.

all of which are working well and are barely driven.

i really like the fact that the 69 and 70 are convertibles, but performance wise i really get hooked on to the idea of the LT1, plus the hood looks great. i really don't know what should i get they are nearly all evenly priced, maybe a 2000 dollar price difference between the converts and the coupe. but regardless of price,
i really dont know what, what do you think guys?

I am wondering what's up. Although they may be genuinely nice cars, the 69 and 70 convertibles should not be priced within $2K of a 72 LT-1. IF that's the case, the convertibles are over priced or you have stumbled across a very good deal on an LT-1.

I am wondering what's up. Although they may be genuinely nice cars, the 69 and 70 convertibles should not be priced within $2K of a 72 LT-1. IF that's the case, the convertibles are over priced or you have stumbled across a very good deal on an LT-1.

well the LT is 21,000+ dollars converted
and the convertibles are 23,000+ dollars converted.

(yeah pretty expensive here in the philippines)

If they are in as good condition as you say, buy all three ! Then drive them for a while and see which one (or two) you like the best and sell the rest !

The LT-1's (even the '72's) are starting to bring serious money, and convertibles will NEVER go out of style !

Just my US$0.02

Bernie O.

so is the LT1 1972 worth more than the base 350 69 and 70 convertibles?

All 3 are desirable cars.Go test drive all three then buy the one you like the best.You can't go wrong buying any of them.

just the idea of owning 2 vettes is sending shivers up my spine haha! maybe id get one of the convertibles and get another vette after graduating college :crazythank god for the corvette. god bless america! :crazy

If you can get an LT-1 in very good condition for $21K you'd be crazy to walk away from it. They only made ~5K of them over a 3 year period.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom