Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'69 seats uncomfortable- what else will fit?

akfox1

Corvette
1969 Lemans Blue Conv. 350, Keisler 5 sp
Has anyone replaced their seats in an early C3? I want something with some support. I like the C4 and C5 seats, but I'm not sure what I will run into trying to buy and install them. Any suggestions or photos?
Thanks.

I put 2000 seats in my 68. Pass side non electric fit well. Drivers side elsctric needs some slits cut in the floor to clear the adjusting rods.

Tyler

I put in a set of late C-3 seats - - out of an '82. I like the way they look, but am less pleased with the way they feel for the driver. They seem to "sit" higher in the car which makes it snug with the tops on if you're much over 6 ft. When I'm finished with the new carpet, I may put the orignal 74 seats back in.

personal preference I guess - - but they look great!

Great pictures and description, thanks. It looks like a great fit.

What do these "basic" black C5 seats sell for? Out of a wreck, I suppose?

I used a pair of 96 vette seats in my 72, They sit up a tad higher than the originals but I am short so no problem there. The drivers side seat was power but I didnt use it, I just bolted the 72 tracks to the 96 seats and bolted them in. I like em!

MIke

what seats will fit

Hi y'all,
I just bought some 82 seats to put into my 75 coupe.I was wondering if you can fit them on my 75 frames
or would it be better to use the 82 frames?I know the 82 frames will need some mods.Any advice is appreciated.The wrecking yard here where I bought my Seats,also had several sets of c5 seats .I didn't price them,but they are starting to show up in wrecking yards.This particular yard
sort of specializes in Corvettes.

69 seats uncomfortable

CQRT,
Can you give me some info on how you installed your 82 seats?I'm only 5ft.9,so I don't think the seats ride height will be too much of a problem for me.Any installation tips would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
akfox1,
Next time I go into town,I'll check on the price of the C5 seats.

I put c5 seats in also,best thing i couldve done,way more comfort then the stock seats,i used the stock c3 tracks and drilled new holes for them and used spacers so i can use the adjuster .I picked mine up for $300,one had one small tear in the side bolster and i took it to a shop to be fixed for $75.So for 375 in them there like brand new.

69 seats uncomfortable

patsnitrovette,
That sounds like it was a pretty simple mod.
I hope my 82 seats are't too difficult.How is the ride height
with the c5 seats?Does it sit taller?

Anybody have pictures? M&W, how about a pic of the 96 seats?

akfox1 said:
Anybody have pictures? M&W, how about a pic of the 96 seats?

my_seat_install_(4).jpg

11739Simpson_Harness_001.jpg

Joe:
Send you an e-mail with the info.
regards-

Here's the late-C3 seats in my '77. They do sit a tad higher, but I like it that way.

33681_p_416AA509-2B3D-897A-22657A8CAEDF915D.jpg

I think my '78 seats are real comfortable. Even after a long drive. Maybe just because it's the Corvette, but I don't seem to have a problem.

They actually might sit a hair higher but im short so its ok for me,but the comfort level is much better.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom