Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

69 stuck hood

korvettekarl

Corvette
2017 Grand Sport 90 ZR1 57 Bel Air
Yes I have read the other posts on this subject. The Mid America pictures are of a 78 and don't look anything like a 69. Does anybody have a pic of their hood latches they could post for me to sudy? I have spent most of yesterday and 2 hours this morning try to pop the latch with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I hope these will help you:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

You have to reach the arm at the left side of image 3, and pull it down

Thank you VERY much. I am still trying but these should help a great deal.

Good luck.
If you need one from a different angle, let me know.

Finally got the hood open. Had to unbolt the pin on the passenger side through the hole in the firewall. took 5 hours at 1/16th of a turn at a time. Thanks for the pics.

After replacing the front clip on my '69 I had a terrible time getting the hood latches adjusted. Every time I would close the hood, it would not release, either on one side or both. I got very good at getting my hand up through the grill opening to access the two front hood hinge bolts. After they were loose, you could usually wiggle the hood around enough to get the latches to release. I got to driving around with the hood unlatched for fear of closing it and having it stick.

I finally got them so they would open regularly. I place masking tape over the female latch and gently lowered the hood to get the spears to fit in the middle of the hole.

Good luck.

Ralph

Well the ordeal is finally over. Found out that the latch on the passenger side was not closing all the way. Because it wasn't closing I had been over correcting the alignment and causing myself alot of grief. The only reason I discovered it was I replace the cable from latch to lactch. When I removed the cable from the passenger side I had to exert a little force and all of a sudden the thing closes all the way. Has been stuck for over 20 years. I finally disassembled the thing and gave a good lube job and everything works the way it should. I thank every one for their responses. This is still the best Corvette site on the web. I belong to another one and let me tell you, they are not nice people. Thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom