Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

6spd owners

J

jonszr1

just wanted to take the time to share with you a man that can make your tranny shift so unbeievable its scary. he blueprints each one and fixes the shortcomeings in the oiling system . how many of you went to speedshift into 3rd only to get 5th gear . he redoes the detents so its next to impossible for that to happen . som eof you may know him he is bill boudreau aka the zfdoc.i have personally had both of my zr1s trannys done buy him my 90 has over 100k miles on the tranny and it still shifts like butter , my 92 callaway475 supernatural tranny has 60k miles on it and is the same way . he also does a short throw shifter that retains the reverse lockout and has shorter throws than any aftermarket shifter out there . to me his tranny and shifter are the very best mods i have done to my cars .so if the thought of having a tranny that shifts like butter and hits the right gear every time give bill a call 602 319 6575 . and if you doubt what i am saying just ask hib halverson . and let him tell you what he thinks .

If I ever need ZF work, he will be the guy I call. I do plan on getting one of his shifters. I actually have never missed 3rd and got 5th since I have modified the way I shift.

I use NO THUMB, 1st to 2nd, cupped hand and back. 2nd to 3rd. I simply push forward with an open palm. 3rd to 4th is same as 1st to 2nd only no side pressure at all. I practice this once in a while sitting still. Chances of missed shift are greatly reduced at least in my experience.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom