Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Hard shift 5-6 and reverse

Corvette
1994 C4 GREEN
[FONT=&quot]Hi Guys,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I purchased this C7 in 2017 with 8K miles on it. I flew from NY to Kentucky to pick up and drive back. When I got into the car it was very hard to move the shifter to the right and push up into 7th. Also xtremely hard putting moving to the right to get into reverse. Although very hard to move right but when I do its not so bad pulling back into reverse. into reverse. I figured it could not be a problem that could not easily be fixed and I already spent a great deal of time and money to get it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So after getting it home I went to my local dealer and asked if the shifts in general should be that [/FONT][FONT=&quot]stiff.The[/FONT][FONT=&quot] mechanic said I had a short shifter installed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I contacted MGW short shifter manufacturer and asked them if it is normal for the this short shifter.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bottom line he said: "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]no it might be maybe 10 percent stiffer but if its really hard then you might have an issue with the reverse lockout solenoid which is not a shifter issue.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]also, check to make sure you dont have play in the shifter which could mean the pinch bolt that connects the lower box to the trans might be loose and slipping. best way to check is just put it in 3rd or 4th ( car can be off ) and try to move it left to right with a little force when IN GEAR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]if it has more than an 1/8" play its loose

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am having a hard time believing this. Doeas anyone know what it might be?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks You in advance for any thoughts on this.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TM[/FONT]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom