Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 71 Questions on wheels

K

Kicnrocks

I have an early Feb manufacture 71 BB that has five matching wheels from May of 69 date codes. Did the suppliers or the factory ever have excess production and place them on later year models? anyone with information would be appreciated. I am not the original owner but the car checks out with the corvettes by the numbers book in other areas Thank you Kevin

69 wheels on a 71 is stretching it. They are probably not original, but if they are 15 x 8 rallies, they are correct. Keep them, exspecially since they match.

If you are concerned about judging, only the codes on the spare get judged.

:)

I have an early Feb manufacture 71 BB that has five matching wheels from May of 69 date codes. Did the suppliers or the factory ever have excess production and place them on later year models? anyone with information would be appreciated. I am not the original owner but the car checks out with the corvettes by the numbers book in other areas Thank you Kevin

I have an early 1972 BB (Oct 71) that has 69 rims as well...A coincidence?!?! I have assumed they were swapped out by the dealer that sold the used car years ago, but the similarity is interesting.

69 wheels on a 71 is stretching it. They are probably not original, but if they are 15 x 8 rallies, they are correct. Keep them, exspecially since they match.

If you are concerned about judging, only the codes on the spare get judged.

Thank you for the information I was worried about how they would do the judging

The NCRS judges the wheels with the hubs and trim rings installed. Most of the stamped info on the wheel is not visible with the trim ring installed. Since the spare is a fifth rally wheel without hub or trim ring, the codes are visible on it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom