Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

72 Vette AMT plastic kit

• Thread starter Thread starter Gary42
  • Start date Start date
G

Gary42

How about this? A caring relative actually tracked down a plastic model kit of a '72 Corvette Roadster and presented it as a Christmas gift. I was stunned. This year is not known for anything special. I wouldn't have thought they would make such a model.

Now to paint it black to match the one sitting in the garage!

Thats cool Gary ! The most suppriseing part is that they were able to find a convertable . I haven't built a model car in years but I'm going to look for one in the city next week . Cliff

Gary,

I stick my neck into every hobby store I can find looking for these kits. Surprisingly many of the older manufacturers (AMT, Revell, ..etc) are reissuing the old kits again. Each year there should be new/old kits out there just like the ones when I was a L'll Nut. I'll bet I've got 15-20 unassembled kits I've scrounged over the last 10 years; and maybe another 15 built, painted and in the collectible case.

Good luck and great gift. I had a '72 in Ontario Orange (looks like your box) and I'd LOVE to find that kit again. Outstanding!! :D

............. Nut

Nut,

Here is one way to get one:
ontario_orange

Ebay Corvette Seller

He will do most factory colors for 70-72 Corvettes. He does convertibles, also!

Regards,
David

DkBG said:
Thats cool Gary ! The most suppriseing part is that they were able to find a convertable . I haven't built a model car in years but I'm going to look for one in the city next week . Cliff

Indeed! My '72 was also Onatario Orange until it was repainted black sometime in the last 10 yrs. I have to say that I'm happy for the paint job. Ontario O is not one of my favorite colors for a vette...but then, it was better than some other colors that appeared during that decade.

Gary

Gary..... that's a sweet paint job. Outstanding!!
TM....... it wasn't my personal choice but it grew on me over time. My Nutmeg Bronze color on my '81 is not that far off the Ontario Orange.

Thanks guys............... Nut

The '72 kit that Gary42 refers to is a currently available Ertl kit. It is part of their 50th anniversary stuff. There are several other years available - '53, '57, '63, 'a couple different C4s and a '98 convertible that I can think of off the top of my head. Check with any decent hobby shop and they can probably order them for you - retail under $15. There were plenty of them in WalMarts around Christmas time, but haven't seen any in a while.

Happy glue sniffing - GT

If you think 72 vettes are hard to find, try finding a 75 coupe.
I've been searching for one for several years and I finally came across this on on e-bay.

75MODEL.jpg

This is original store stock from 1974 issue and has the E. Maple Road, Troy Michigan address for AMT "made and litho in USA" the original clear shrink wrap attests that it has never been opened.

Paid $40.00 for it. :D

Joe V.

I've got a bunch of model kits, unopened and many still in their original wrapping. Many are duplicates. I'll do an accounting this week and any duplicates I'll put up for grabs if anyone is interested.

........... Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom