Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

73 bumper replacement?

cheap or correct

• cheap

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • correct

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
T

Tim73454

A friend just bought a 1973 10,600 mile bloomingtom car at action. On the way home it died about 1/2 miles from his house. He went home and got his tractor and went back and managed to rip the front bumper off the car. He was thinking about going cheap in place of correct. What would this do to the value????

Tim73454

If it is a Bloomington Gold car I would not go cheap but would go original no matter what the cost would be. If he is not going to keep a car like that original then he should sell it and get a non-original car to drive. (In fact I hope he is not planning on driving it too much, would be a shame to add miles to a 10K mile car.)

tom...

Correct or Cheap

What the hell was he thinking? Let alone rip the bumper off.....and is now thinking about fixing it the cheap way! Come on now.....an 10,000 mile Bloomington car and fixing it half a$$ed.
I'm gonna go :puke now.

Sorry to seem harsh, but I get a little carried away when I hear and see people do things "the cheap & easy way."

Speaking of '73 vette's....I saw a gorgeous red '73 vette cruz'in around the area for the past couple days. I'm trying to catch up with this guy to check out his car, but this guy is hard to catch. Someday I will add a '73 to my ownership list. It's definitely a unique year.
Later Sarge

If he wanted to fix cheap...

...he should have bought cheap.

I see no point in purchasing an expensive ANYTHING and fixing it with CHEAP repairs.
Heidi

Just curoius, What do you mean by cheap, a fiberglass bumper? a trueflex ? what would be correct, an original bumper?
Like everyone else is saying a Bloomington car, need to stay a Bloomington car. my .02

Red73BB said:
Just curoius, What do you mean by cheap, a fiberglass bumper? a trueflex ? what would be correct, an original bumper?
Like everyone else is saying a Bloomington car, need to stay a Bloomington car. my .02
A bloomington gold car with that few miles is rare. It value is in keeping it original. Replace the front rubber bumper with a stock (GM) bumper.

A bloomington car does not need to stay a bloomington car. It is his car to do with as he sees fit. But, to me, it is a waste of money to buy something like that to use as a daily driver or a hot rod.

tom...

IMHO, he shoulda bought something with big heavy steel bumpers if he was gonna tow it with a tractor, like maybe a truck. Original is the only way to go or sell the car as is to someone who will do it right.
- Eric

Go correct.

Then tell him to sell it. If he was silly enough to try and tractor it home there is no telling what comical act might follow. :Silly

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom