Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

73 Rear window install

Rookie Vette owner

Corvette
1973 Blue Coupe
Found my rear window leak, the whole rear window lower seal!! Pressed on it and it almost fell out in my hands! Anyone have experience reinstalling the window? Do you use the same material that was normally used for windshield replacement ? Brace into place to hold till cured? How long?
I'm just full of questions and as I have seen in the past, this is the place to get the answers! CAC is the best! :upthumbs

Yeah I had this happen to my 73. The butyl tape has dried out. You have some choices.
1 Try and find the correct size butly tape and reinstall it. Only size I found was for the front windshield it is thicker.
2 Use primerless urethane windshield sealer, you will have to find some 1/4 rubber blocks to hold the glass from the body.
3 Go with the 68-72 removeable rear window thats what I did. And love it.

Yeah I had this happen to my 73. The butyl tape has dried out. You have some choices.
1 Try and find the correct size butly tape and reinstall it. Only size I found was for the front windshield it is thicker.
2 Use primerless urethane windshield sealer, you will have to find some 1/4 rubber blocks to hold the glass from the body.
3 Go with the 68-72 removeable rear window thats what I did. And love it.

Option #3 sounds great!! How hard is it to modify the frame/window? Is there a kit available?

There is no kit available. I found a window on ebay. ordered the weatherstrip for a 72. Got the upper latches at Carlisle and gude pin retainers. The holes for the bottom locating pins are there you will see them once you remove your glass and clean the opening. Remove the upper halo panels that is where the upper latches go. You can modify your panels for the latches or find earlier ones.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom