Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'73 Vette

Pegasys

Corvette
1973 Red Coupe
Newbie to this group - just brought home my first Vette! So...my first question to the group is...where is the best place to find original "great condition" parts that are mostly cosmetic pieces?

Examples of what need replacing are; seatbelts (both sides), the plastic piece that is where the armrest area is (between driver's side and passenger's side), and the toughest one of all I think - the piece on both sides where the Targa top clamps down (almost every Vet has wear showing at that connection (front clamps rub against the plastic, so I need to replace both sides.

Thanks VERY much! Looking forward to learning from you all!

Mike

Welcome Pegasys!

You've found the friendliest Vette site on the 'net!

I think the Vette catalogs would be a good place to start.
MidAmerica, Ecklers, Paragon, et cetera...
Silver

Thanks...I had a great couple of hours driving her today. I actually bought one in great condition, but what can I say, I'm a perfectionsist. I'll post a shot of the car in a few minutes...

I'll check out those companies....Mike

Pegasys ~ Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Community ~

Ditto on what has been said ;) ALSO finding "Original Parts" can be fun and can be quite a learning experience.. SSautoSport, one of supporting vendors (Steve) may be able to help you out. He has a shop in Missouri. Another source is Grahula Interprises, I can't find the website right now. Another source for Original Parts is eBay.. Good Luck and Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride ;)

pegasys,
I picked up a 73 about three months ago and have been able to pick up quite a few parts on e-bay.I found one guy changing over from a four speed to an automatic. He was selling the tranny and shifter. After e-mailing him and asking if he wanted to sell the peddals, linkages, flywheel, shift console etc he said he had no use for them and threw them in. Picked it all up for 340.00. I'm still smiling! Good luck and welcome aboard!
Jim

Welcome. As far as the seat belts, don't you have any in the car? they are getting tough to come by, but you can get them restored from Ssnake Oyl. They redo all of the webbing nd clean and fix the retractors.

82dukman said:
Welcome. As far as the seat belts, don't you have any in the car? they are getting tough to come by, but you can get them restored from Ssnake Oyl. They redo all of the webbing nd clean and fix the retractors.

When we purchased our 75 it only had some old lapbelts that someone along the way put in it. I checked out all my options and finally ended up getting a decent set off of ebay. The color is a little faded, but they work fine and set me back only about $100.

Bobby

I had my belts restored by Snake Oyl. They do an excellent job.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom