Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 74 350 spark plug wires too short? Wrong boots??

retired ralph

Corvette
1974 White
The wires I purchased don't fit my original route(Out the rear and under the exhaust manifold instead of straight over the exhaust manifold.) Also the boots on the distributor cap are straight in, not 90 degrees? Will the top shielding fit like that? Thanks Ralph PS: Suggest where I should purchase them? Thanks Ralph

ZIP PRODUCTS has the original wires for about $%)>)) plus shipping. Angled boot on both ends.p

Spark plug wires usually specify if they are for routing under the manifolds or over the valve covers. Sounds like you have the latter. Your local auto parts place should have a proper set of wires for your application. The straight boots at the distributor cap will fit under your stock distributor cover, you may have to push down on the shield and hold it as you tighten up the cover bolts. Angle boots do fit better. If all you want is a good set of wires, not an original type set of wires, I'd suggest not buying from a Corvette supplier. I believe you can get a better set of wires cheaper from a regular parts store. If buying online, I usually start looking at Rock Auto parts ( RockAuto Auto Parts ). Rock Auto will have several different sets to pick from that should fit your budget.

If you are not needing original Packard wires but are looking for the best quality wires that fit right, I'd suggest you go on the MSD web site and download their .pdf catalog. The catalog has a wire selection chart showing the actual individual wire lengths and the boot style at each end. You can select a wire set based on the measurments and the boot type you want. Their wires are available in black to make them look fairly stock, but the boots are grey. These are probably the best quality wires on the market.

Lars

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom