Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 74' Corvette hood Insulation

bellbuoy8

Corvette
1974 Silver Coupe
I just received a hood insulation replacement for my 74' Corvette from Corvette Central. When I tried to install it, I found it was cut to form with the finished side facing the hood, and the unfinished side toward the engine. Thus, with the hood up, the loose fiberglass easily comes off onto your skin or clothes. I made a phone call, and was told this is the way it is made. I called Ecklers, and was told theirs is made with the finished side towards the engine, as it is too unsafe the other way around. Can someone help me??? What is the proper way for this to be installed, or was it cut wrong? I'm itchy just thinking of the fiberglass.

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum and into the C3 Tech Forum...

None of the present day insulation blankets look like the originals so no matter which you choose it will be a compromise. The originals were raw fibreglass on both sides.

None of the present day insulation blankets look like the originals so no matter which you choose it will be a compromise. The originals were raw fibreglass on both sides.

I ended up removing mine, and hosing it down to get the dust out of it. I was going to get rid of the insulation and do with out it, but the plastic studs were glued to the inside if the hood, and I didn't want to try to break them off.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom