Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

76 with no radio

keelath

Corvette
1976 Yellow
Hi all. Been scouring for my first new item which will be a radio seeing as how I don't have one. I'm not finding much recently in the forums on what ones are good.

I want bluetooth so I can play off my phone, I know there are a few out there but I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions or experiences with these aftermarket factory fit decks.

Welcome To The CAC

I haven't purchased an aftermarket radio yet but I have been seriosly looking at Classic Autosound for my '69 C10. I think they have all of the features that you are looking for.

Tom

I have one of the Classic Autosound radio that Tom refers to in my '69. It is one of the original appearance type radio. It has Bluetooth like what you are looking for. I use my with a MP3 player. It fits and looks like an original radio, but typical of aftermarket radios, it has its own wiring harness. It uses none of the original radio harness or speakers. It can be set for 2 or 4 speakers, and uses either 4 ohm or 8 ohm speakers. GM uses a 10 ohm speakers with it factory radios. All which is no big deal, it's just not plug and play. One nice thing about the radio is that it is smaller in size, making it easier to insert in the Corvette radio slot. Also, Classic Autosound doesn't keep these in stock; they are are made up as they get orders for them. They advised a 6-8 week wait, but got mine in about 4 weeks. They don't charge your credit card until it ships. Very happy with mine.

I have one of the Classic Autosound radio that Tom refers to in my '69. It is one of the original appearance type radio. It has Bluetooth like what you are looking for. I use my with a MP3 player. It fits and looks like an original radio, but typical of aftermarket radios, it has its own wiring harness. It uses none of the original radio harness or speakers. It can be set for 2 or 4 speakers, and uses either 4 ohm or 8 ohm speakers. GM uses a 10 ohm speakers with it factory radios. All which is no big deal, it's just not plug and play. One nice thing about the radio is that it is smaller in size, making it easier to insert in the Corvette radio slot. Also, Classic Autosound doesn't keep these in stock; they are are made up as they get orders for them. They advised a 6-8 week wait, but got mine in about 4 weeks. They don't charge your credit card until it ships. Very happy with mine.

Thanks for the input. Does yours have the bluetooth built in or did you get one that requires the external kit?

A couple of my car buddies, of the "it must look original tribe," had their AM radios converted to AM/FM. Either sounds good depending on the speakers.. ;)

http://www.garytayman.com/stereo.htm

They offer options also:
http://www.garytayman.com/stereo.htm#Options

Thanks for the input. Does yours have the bluetooth built in or did you get one that requires the external kit?

It has the Bluetooth built in...

A couple of my car buddies, of the "it must look original tribe," had their AM radios converted to AM/FM. Either sounds good depending on the speakers.. ;)

http://www.garytayman.com/stereo.htm

They offer options also:
http://www.garytayman.com/stereo.htm#Options

I have seen places that offer such services in Hemmings, but don't know of anyone who has gone that route. I have heard of some negatives associated with a guy here in Houston who does such conversions. I went with the Classic to replace the broken aftermarket one that was in my '69. It was an easier way home than looking for all the original '69 style radio pieces.

I have seen places that offer such services in Hemmings, but don't know of anyone who has gone that route. I have heard of some negatives associated with a guy here in Houston who does such conversions. I went with the Classic to replace the broken aftermarket one that was in my '69. It was an easier way home than looking for all the original '69 style radio pieces.

These sounded as good as the speakers allowed them.. :)

Just curious as to what were the negatives?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom