Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

79-82 C3 Steering Wheel Tilt Release lever wanted

fcardel

Corvette
1998 C5 convertible, 1980 C3
Hello folks, I have a '80 and I just started working on bringing her back, I am in need of a tilt wheel release lever and everywhere I look it is discontinued. The GM part number is 473083 and it is only for 79-82. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I also have a set of side pipes if anyone is interested, they are patriot aftermarkets, I decided to go with a custom dual exhaust that fits under the body as the roads in NY are not ideal for lower sidepipes. Thanks!

Hello folks, I have a '80 and I just started working on bringing her back, I am in need of a tilt wheel release lever and everywhere I look it is discontinued. The GM part number is 473083 and it is only for 79-82. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I also have a set of side pipes if anyone is interested, they are patriot aftermarkets, I decided to go with a custom dual exhaust that fits under the body as the roads in NY are not ideal for lower sidepipes. Thanks!
Any pics of the side pipes? Also where did you get your tilt wheel release lever, and I need a turn signal lever also? Thanks.

Hi, I sold the side pipes, they are now on a 76 C3. I found the tilt lever at The Corvette Shop The Corvette Shop , great guy he pulled one off an old column.

Question: Does the old one just screw out, or do you have to use any special process to remove the old tilt release lever and replace it?

Thanks

Should just screw in.and I'll work.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom