Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

79 seatbelts

Depends on how badly its frayed, if its just a bit on the side you can get your craft on and hand stich it up pretty well. you can also put a patch over a bigger area. (you can usually buy seatbelt stuff from a craft shop, or just stop by the wreckers)

Mind you, neither of these solutions are road-worthy over here.. not too sure about Canada. And it will also really affect the safety of the seatbelt..

Better to replace it, but yes you can make a minor repair to patch it up and look a bit better untill you do replace it.

If the webbing is frayed, the strength of the belt has been seriously compromised. Any attempted fix would just look Bubba and probably weaken the belt even more.

Replace it with new webbing, it's not that expensive.

You can get a shop to replace the webbing but it's rather pricey. You may be better off purchasing replacements from a vendor. I replaced mine with a set from ebay with all new hardware and retractors and I'm very happy with them, plus they were less that $300 for a set.
Either way, don't jerry-rig them, it's not worth your life.

Welcome to the CAC. Agree w/ others on not trying to do a repair. I've seen where others have used F-body seatbelts as replacements.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom